Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #1
RichardLBrown1947

5th Airborne pin box?

Is there a 5th Airborne or similar shock-absorbing pin box that will fit my 2007 Everest 295T? I bought it used and it has a Fadex slider extended pin box on it now. My RV repair facility said it was putting a lot of wear on the box receiver area. I would like to put an airbag type of pin box on but not having any luck finding one that will fit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
RichardLBrown1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:52 AM   #2
spicercars

I have a trail air on my raptor and I love it. Since you don't have the original pin box on your camper it might be hard to find the right one to fit. The original pin box would have a number on it making it easy to replace. You might try finding somebody with the same year and model and get the pin box number? Good luck.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:03 AM   #3
Dave W

IIRC this vintage Montana and about everyone else originally used the 72 degree pin box. I know MORryde still has a rubber box and 5th Airborne had a replacement as well - but they may have been discontinued with the later extended pieces all manufacturer's seem use now.

If interested, do a Google using these terms in your 'puters search box: MORryde pin box RPB72-AB72-05. That will give you a MORryde chart of their available replacements plus at least give you an idea of what is there currently as they do list FABEX.
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
bobbecky

If you go to their site, you can see all the specs for the various models, and should be able to get the right one. http://www.reeseprod.com/products/pi...iTrFHBCI%7Crwk
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:54 PM   #5
RichardLBrown1947

Thanks for the replies. After MUCH research and talking to Reese, Keystone, Lippert, MorRyde and eTrailer, this pin box configuration should NOT exist. The trailer requires a 12" wide box (Lippert 1621), but it has the 3 vertical rows of bolt holes on the side plates. Those will only fit 12 1/2 wide pin boxes. After consulting a hitch store, we are going to have to adapt a 1621 type pin box to the existing side plates by re-drilling mounting holes. Everyone says this configuration shouldn't exist!
RichardLBrown1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 04:00 PM   #6
Cblackmon

I have the same problem with my 2007 Everest what did you do to resolve the problem
Cblackmon is offline   Reply With Quote