Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
floatflyer

Shower faucet diverter problem

The shower diverter in my Vantage 32FLS suddenly stopped working. If I hold the diverter pin up I can get about 60% flow to the shower head but if I let go the shower just trickles. The unit seems to be a Phoenix two handle bath faucet with diverter and I have ordered a replacement. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what causes it.
floatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #2
kc9ojn

Never happened in the TT yet but in the house was hard water.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2
28 Nights in 2008
25 Nights in 2009
20 Nights in 2010
20 Nights in 2011
15 Nights in 2012
40 Nights in 2013
30 Nights in 2014
Me
DW
DD
DD
DMom
Keeda 90 pound German/husky(security system)
Molly the Chug DMom's Dog
https://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...7f5964d9da.jpg
kc9ojn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatflyer View Post
The shower diverter in my Vantage 32FLS suddenly stopped working. If I hold the diverter pin up I can get about 60% flow to the shower head but if I let go the shower just trickles. The unit seems to be a Phoenix two handle bath faucet with diverter and I have ordered a replacement. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what causes it.
There is a slide plug (usually rubber coated plastic) that slides up to stop faucet flow and divert the water to the showerhead. In your case, you probably have either a broken or a misaligned diverter slide. If there's water flowing out of the faucet and only part is going to the shower, you may be able to reach a finger (or needle nose pliers) into the faucet end and realign it. There are two small channels (grooves) that the diverter slides in. My guess is that one side or possibly both slipped out of the groove and it won't seat well enough to divert all the water.

As a temporary "stopgap" to take showers, you can place something in the faucet end to stop the flowing water, that way all of the pressure will be diverted to the showerhead. If you only use the shower and not the tub, you can take vinyl electrical tape and wrap several layers around the faucet to force all the water up to the shower.

Looks like heck, but at least you get a shower temporarily until the new faucet arrives.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
floatflyer

I also saw the thread about shower pressure problems and am going to switch supply hoses to 5/8 and upgrade the pressure regulator. It may not be the big fix but sure can't hurt the overall water supply situation.
floatflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #5
SkepticCash

And in 7 years - they still have not upgraded, improved or otherwise fixed the problem with the diverter. It's cheap plastic that slides between two flimsy tabs (both plastic) which after less than one month of use - still quits working.

Solution: buy an RV from a manufacturer that doesn't save 2¢ on the shower diverter even after hundreds of posted complaints of the problem for nearly a decade.
SkepticCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkepticCash View Post
And in 7 years - they still have not upgraded, improved or otherwise fixed the problem with the diverter. It's cheap plastic that slides between two flimsy tabs (both plastic) which after less than one month of use - still quits working.

Solution: buy an RV from a manufacturer that doesn't save 2¢ on the shower diverter even after hundreds of posted complaints of the problem for nearly a decade.

And in 7 years where have you been??? If you search this is not a weekly recurring problem. If you search most RV manufacturers are going to be using the same shower diverters. I'm curious; who did you buy from that has the "golden", expensive shower diverter - for the price of an entry level trailer? Inquiring minds want to know.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:22 AM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Other than JRTJH, l don't think the others have been on the forum since 2013. And in my time on here, this is the first time I remember this issue coming up. Maybe we'll have something new to discuss this off season besides tires and AC?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Can’t say in 7 years that I have seen one replaced in our shop.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:32 AM   #9
jsmith948

To the background sound of an alarm klaxon:

"WARNING!!...WARNING!!...USER ABUSE!!...USER ABUSE!!"

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

The only reason I was familiar with the way the slide diverter works is because I had to replace one in my S&B bathroom. I've never had a problem with one in any RV I've owned. So, to say something like, "In 7 years they've never solved the problem" To my knowledge, there's never been a problem with RV diverter faucets..... YMMV.....

As for something to complain about, hell, I'd rather complain about the blue toilet supply line, at least that seems to actually be a verifiable issue..... Again YMMV.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote