Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #1
Cheepjeep80

Fuzion 342

Hi!

Picked up a '13 Fuzion 342 yesterday!! Super excited!! Coming from a '98 Fleetwood Bounder this is a huge change!!! Looking forward to camping with this monster!!!

Matt
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1244.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2361  
Cheepjeep80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #2
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Congrats!

Now off to the sccales.. I wonder how much weight you've got on your drive tires. Would be good to know.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

to the forum. Congratulations on the new Fuzion!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy loading toys in it and heading out. You're right when you call that trailer a "monster" Specs on it call for an empty pin weight in excess of 3000 lbs. That's a pretty tall order for a SRW truck. Do you have any idea of your loading on the rear axle? Like Sad suggested, a trip to the scales would be a good idea before you start loading too much in the front end of that "monster"

Again, welcome to the forum, look around see what interests you and join in.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #4
rnkburg

Congrats, I see you got hydraulic landing gear and more than likely the auto level, wish mine had that , I have the raptor 300mp

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #5
SAD
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
to the forum. Congratulations on the new Fuzion!!! I'm sure you'll enjoy loading toys in it and heading out. You're right when you call that trailer a "monster" Specs on it call for an empty pin weight in excess of 3000 lbs. That's a pretty tall order for a SRW truck. Do you have any idea of your loading on the rear axle? Like Sad suggested, a trip to the scales would be a good idea before you start loading too much in the front end of that "monster"

Again, welcome to the forum, look around see what interests you and join in.
Also worth noting... When he loads toys, the pin weight will end up going down. Unloaded, TH are generally heavier pin then when they are loaded. Because the toy weight is a decent distance behind the trailer axles.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Cheepjeep80

Yep! Plan to head to the scales this week and see how it pans out. Wanted to load it up with the side by side and our interior and exterior stored essentials before taking it to the scale. I'm lucky in that aspect as we have a pilot, flying j, and a Iowa 80 one exit down from us - each with scales. If I don't like the weight at one I will just go to the next!!

Matt
Cheepjeep80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

hehe that's the spirit, cheepjeep80. if you have a CAT scale, the first weight is about $11 and every weight after that (on the same day) is just $1. so if you're going to be shifting things around, reweighing, filling tanks, and such, keep that in mind.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote