Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2020, 07:50 AM   #1
LewisB

RV Life 2.0 GPS App

So, I'm seeing all the ads for the recently updated RV Life 2.0 GPS app. I have been unable to find any information regarding how much this costs. I believe it is an annual subscription fee, but not sure. Even in the app store, it says downloading the app is free and has "in app purchases". I don't particularity want to give them my contact information (and get the subsequently endless email/text marketing) by downloading the app...

The concept of an RV friendly GPS app on my iPhone is appealing however. My questions:
1. Does anyone know how much the RV Life 2.0 GPS app costs?
2. Does anyone have recommendations on the usefulness of this app?

Thanks for any information available.
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:12 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Go here:

https://rvlife.com/rv-life-app-v2-2/

Scroll down a bit to the Q&A section and it describes what is free and what is not.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:21 AM   #3
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Go here:

https://rvlife.com/rv-life-app-v2-2/

Scroll down a bit to the Q&A section and it describes what is free and what is not.
Thanks. This is one of the ads that attracted my attention. I couldn't find a Q&A section in your link. Rather than a list of what is free and what is not, I'm looking for how many dollars - how much for each feature.

I'm always Leary of "click bait" ads that tell you lots of wonderful things and make a point of NOT telling you how much - almost like they are trying to hide something. May not be the case here (not intending to disparage RV-Life), but makes me wonder...

Thanks again.

Old 05-03-2020, 11:38 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Brad, I understand you're apprehension for signing up for ads or spam. Just a suggestion but what I've done many years ago was to create a email address for just such purposes and it's the only thing I use it for. So I register with the "junk email address" then monitor it periodically for junk or spam that correlates with that recent use. If no increase in unwanted emails then I'll go back into the app or website and "update" my email to the email I use. If unwanted emails start popping up then I just go in once a month or so and "delete all" and block sender which doesn't always stop them but at least they are not on my daily email that I use.
Hope this is understandable.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:02 PM   #5
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Brad, I understand you're apprehension for signing up for ads or spam. Just a suggestion but what I've done many years ago was to create a email address for just such purposes and it's the only thing I use it for. So I register with the "junk email address" then monitor it periodically for junk or spam that correlates with that recent use. If no increase in unwanted emails then I'll go back into the app or website and "update" my email to the email I use. If unwanted emails start popping up then I just go in once a month or so and "delete all" and block sender which doesn't always stop them but at least they are not on my daily email that I use.
Hope this is understandable.
Absolutely! I appreciate your response; I do the same thing. In this case, I am disappointed that RV-Life would stoop to what looks to me like using "click bait" to get people's data while attempting to sell something. If they think their program is THAT good, it should sell itself. Then let ME decide if I want to pursue it or not. It just seems odd that they are purposely NOT publishing the cost...must be exorbitant!

Maybe I'm just missing something...