Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
Tansygal

Montana 321MK Ice Maker Help

Hi all!!
I just got my first RV. It's a Montana HC 321MK with a residential Samsung fridge. I found the valve for the ice maker under the sink island and it is in the open position but, the ice maker won't fill.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help!
Tansygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:36 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum. I believe there is a second valve. The one under the sink is installed by Keystone, the other one is installed by the refrigerator maker since it was meant for your house not an RV.

Where it is exactly, I’m not sure but I’m willing to bet it’s near the back, bottom of the refer. I have been known to be wrong, so it might be best to either go hunting or wait for another member that has that floor plan to reply.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:21 PM   #3
Old Mustanger

If the fridge is beside he stove, check for a removable panel under the oven (2 screws) that may have the 2nd valve behind. SWAG
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Or behind the drawer under the oven. And, when it does make ice it doesn't make a lot (if like mine). I'm still taking my stand alone icemaker with us our next long trip unfortunately.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 03:47 AM   #5
Vet4jdc

As others have said, there is a second valve. It will be in a cabinet next to the fridge. Since your fridge is on the back wall between the wall and the desk, I'm not sure where but it's there somewhere????
Old 04-19-2020, 07:59 PM   #6
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Or behind the drawer under the oven. And, when it does make ice it doesn't make a lot (if like mine). I'm still taking my stand alone icemaker with us our next long trip unfortunately.
I'm with you, tried the ice maker in the fridge the first trip in this trailer and haven't used it since. The stand alone ice maker is much faster.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:33 AM   #7
Hawk224

So not to argue, I believe I have the exact fridge and only 1 valve needed(under kitchen sink). Once you do the valve under the sink, when you open the doors of the fridge there is a button at the top that says ice maker 0n/off. Mine lights up green when on. It will take a bit to make ice. Also, once it starts making ice it will make it at a pretty fast pace and if you don't use it a ton I had to shut mine off so it wouldn't overflow with ice.
Hawk224 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
montana