Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
Skins44

Starting Battery?

I bought an Outback 276UBH in March of 2018. I just noticed that my battery that came with the camper was a starting battery. Being the only battery in the coach I thought that was a little odd.

Is it typical for the manufacturer to not provide a deep cycle battery? I also see where the battery was marked as “demo”.
Skins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There are at least 4 places in the Keystone Owner's Manual where they state that the RV battery is NOT supplied by the manufacturer and is a dealer installed accessory.

Here's the statement in the first paragraph in the Electrical System section of the manual: "The 12 Volt system can be powered in three different ways: a RV battery (not included by Keystone), the converter changing 120V AC to 12V DC or by the tow vehicle’s 12 Volt system."

Emphasis added by me to highlight the manual phrasing.

If your dealer "stuck in a cheap battery" you might want to take it up with them. They, not Keystone, "cheaped out on you".....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Sounds like your dealer may have given you the short end of the stick. THEY put the battery in. I had my dealer install a 2nd battery on my trailer upon purchase (it was new). It was new, trying to get to the batteries under the cowl, behind the propane tanks, down in a hole in their boxes would have required a lot to check, so I trusted. First thing I knew I was having weird light issues. Decided to pull the batteries and......my 'new" 2nd battery was some Camco thing that must have been 10 years old when they stuck it in - it drained them both and ruined the good battery.

If it were me, and you are able, I would take that baby back and go through a "show and tell" with the sales guy and service manager. JMO - good luck.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 06:31 PM   #4
Skins44

I wasn’t sure who supplied the battery. Sorry must have missed that in the manual. It makes sense
that it was the dealer supplied. I plan to take it up with them as I am having some odd electrical issues as well.

Thanks for the replies

2017 Outback 276UBH
2010 F150 Lariat
Old 01-24-2019, 04:46 PM   #5
Skins44

quick update, my dealer is going to replace my battery. It was a starting battery, not a deep cell. Probably the cause of my unidentified electrical issues. Looking forward to the new battery!

2017 Outback 276UBH
2010 F150 Lariat

Tags
battery