Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #21
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
I do not have that light but, I did have a great salesman. He explained about the remote and if you use the remote on a item to open it or turn it on, you must the remote to turn it off.
For that very reason make sure you charge it once in a while, especially if staying in 1 place a while.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:16 AM   #22
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonman View Post
We rewired the remote to turn on the awning lights instead. Nice to have a light on over the door when we arrive home after dark.
How hard was this and how did you do it. I just had the dealer fix mine, they couldn't figure out how to get it to work so they cut the wires from the remote and I could only turn on the pin light with the switch so I made them fix it. but the awning lights would be handy on the remote instead of the pin light.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:20 AM   #23
Stircrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
I do not have that light but, I did have a great salesman. He explained about the remote and if you use the remote on a item to open it or turn it on, you must the remote to turn it off.
only for that one light. I open my slides with the remote so I can make sure they are not going to hit something, but I close them at the control panel. it seams it is just that one light that needs to be done both ways with the remote or the switch.

Steve
Stircrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:07 AM   #24
theasphaltrv'er

Remote....what's a remote...we have no stinking remote...lol .... but there is a switch for the pin light next to the switch to raise & lower the landing gear.
Life is fantastic & gettin
better every day
theasphaltrv'er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:23 AM   #25
AlBeatty

Hi group,
I ran into the same problem and discovered the remote had a "lit icon" on the remote that said "light." I found that turned off that darned pin light. Is there no way to access a real switch to turn off the light on my 2017 Cougar 28SGS? Anyway, thanks for listening. Take care & ...
Tight Lines - AB
AlBeatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:59 PM   #26
Craigidyllwild

My 2015313RLI has a light underneath the cap that turns it on and off....however....if you use the remote to turn it on....you can only use the remote to turn it off...and I have discovered that when you are using the other functions of the remote, it is very ease to accidentally engage it..then you can only turn it off with the remote.
Craigidyllwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 02:42 PM   #27
AlBeatty

Pin light

Thanks for the tip. I'l try to find it.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:38 PM   #28
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigidyllwild View Post
My 2015313RLI has a light underneath the cap that turns it on and off....however....if you use the remote to turn it on....you can only use the remote to turn it off...and I have discovered that when you are using the other functions of the remote, it is very ease to accidentally engage it..then you can only turn it off with the remote.
Another engineering design from an engineer with too much college and not enough high school.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:48 AM   #29
AlBeatty

Pin light switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigidyllwild View Post
Hi group,
Based on this quote I checked every switch on the Cougar 28SGS (2017) and found a light with a switch/light next to it on the driver's side of the hitch cap. What's interesting is the switch next to the "cap light" doesn't turn that light off and on. It turns off and on the "pin light" IF that light was not first turned on by the remote control. What's funny is the switch that turns on the "cap light" is a little toggle switch on the bottom side of the light fixture (difficult to see). I originally (mistake) thought the switch operated the "cap light" but it only operates the "pin light." Interesting and thanks to Craigidyllwild for pointing me in the right direction. Take care & ...
Tight Lines - AB
Old 05-16-2017, 10:12 AM   #30
Alpine

I'm getting remote envy, after ready this thread!

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:25 PM   #31
Craigidyllwild

Your welcome....it truly is a very odd set up...I owned the 5ver for a month before I discovered how both those lights work...
Craigidyllwild is offline   Reply With Quote