Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #1
plgamble

problem with furrion FAN73A70 Antenna

We have the outback 210URS, 2018. Has anyone had a problem with OTA channel scans? Seems like it was intermittent, then failed, then it worked when taken in to the warranty dealer. Is there anything in the antenna itself that can go bad? Or would it almost for sure be in the wiring? The antenna is mounted right above the wifi rough-in box, which we do not use. Been waiting 2+ weeks for furrion customer service. Tried glass-mount antenna, plenty of channels. Also tried another tv with rv antenna, no channels. so its the antenna or the wiring, any ideas?

Absent any advice here, I guess I cut the caulk, pull the antenna from the roof to bypass the wiring?

Any help will be appreciated!

Phil
plgamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:47 PM   #2
ChuckS

I’d remove the wifi panel and see if you have access to connections on antenna from inside... either loose coax or intermittent 12vdc power to the antenna head
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E1147B9C-99AA-4730-8397-27B0F4EFE4F2.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	28732  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #3
plgamble

Thanks, Chuck, I pulled the wifi off the wall, and I need to cut away wall material behind it, leaving enough to get the screws back in. Not sure if that will get me to the connections, but we will see. Worst is I either cut access into the ceiling and put in a plumbers access panel, or I break the seal on the roof.

There is cable for hooking up at the campground, a place on the curbside to plug in a second tv outside, then, the actual tv location. there are 2-way splitters at each location, I assume so you could have cable and sat hooked up at same time. Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2020, 12:47 PM   #4
plgamble

I figured out the routing of the wires. 12 volts is there, as the blue light is lit on the KEYTV "multi-source signal controller". When I bypass this device, the TV scanned just fine, though the picture was pixeled, I assume because the Furrion antenna is meant to be powered, and given the bypass, it was passive. But when I substitute a cheapie glass-mount antenna, the scan and reception is perfect. So I have concluded there is a problem with the "multi-source signal controller". Has anyone else had a problem with this, or had to replace it? Still haven't heard from customer service. Thanks!

Phil
Old 07-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #5
plgamble

On the keytv signal controller, the advice is to remove the (black) cable that goes to the antenna. Am I checking for power at the end of that black cable, or the ANT port on the controller? If its the cable end, the center pin is positive, and would the shielding be ground? I see 12 V wires connected to the controller, but there is also 12v going to the wifi rough-in box inside up under the antenna. Can anyone confirm the OTA power is from the controller? (rather than the wifi rough-in) The blue light is on full-time. Thanks!

phil

Tags
antenna