Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #21
Tresslerd

My 2010 passport 288RRK Has two grey tanks that are tied together for overflow but when draining require separate connection to sewer line. Rear is galley tank and is unlabeled underneath at the rear under the kitchen. It has separate drain and valve pull/connection.
Tresslerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 01:21 PM   #22
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresslerd View Post
My 2010 passport 288RRK Has two grey tanks that are tied together for overflow but when draining require separate connection to sewer line. Rear is galley tank and is unlabeled underneath at the rear under the kitchen. It has separate drain and valve pull/connection.
Overflow is connecting two tanks? I wonder if my Bullet 248RKS is like that? Anyone know? I am not going to pull the corroplast to find out.
Old 10-19-2020, 03:26 PM   #23
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresslerd View Post
I've seen/heard of some sinks or showers draining into the black tank, but other than someone adding the twist on valve at the sewer hose connection I've never seen of 2 grey tanks connected from the factory.
Not familiar with the floorplan of your rv, but typically if the kitchen & bath are significantly separated requiring 2 tanks I wouldn't believe the 2 tanks are connected together due the length of piping to do so, plus usually 2 separate valves = 2 separate tanks.
I'm no expert or rv tech so my opinion may not be worth the time it took to type it.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:34 AM   #24
Maineiacs

In our Cougar, both gray tanks are definitely tied together. Two handles, one for black, one for gray, along with two drain pipes, one black, one gray. When dumping the gray tanks there is an initial rush of water for 30 seconds or so, a pause and then a second surge. Once done, both gray tanks are empty. We were lucky enough to get in more than 30 days last year, so I know both gray tanks emptied or we'd have a major flood someplace!
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #25
Tresslerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
I've seen/heard of some sinks or showers draining into the black tank, but other than someone adding the twist on valve at the sewer hose connection I've never seen of 2 grey tanks connected from the factory.
Not familiar with the floorplan of your rv, but typically if the kitchen & bath are significantly separated requiring 2 tanks I wouldn't believe the 2 tanks are connected together due the length of piping to do so, plus usually 2 separate valves = 2 separate tanks.
I'm no expert or rv tech so my opinion may not be worth the time it took to type it.
Well I sure thought mine were connected at the top. I had a grey tank back up or so I thought as my kitchen sink was backed up. I thought the p trap was plugged so I took it apart but it was clear but filled with nasty water and the down pipe was full. I drained it down to the floor level and removed the pipe till just 6 inches was sticking up out of the floor under the kitchen sink with water about an inch down from the lip. The snake I used in the pipe seemed to bend forward and the pipe seemed to lead up to the grey tank In the middle of the RV that I thought was backed up somewhere. So I snaked it 24 ft.....no blockage. However maybe the snake just went down into the galley tank but it seemed it was going forward. Then I realized there was a second sewer connection at the very back tucked up under the frame but not labeled. I connected it to Sewer and drained it and my sink was no longer backed up. It was a separate galley drain. So tanks may be connected to overflow into each other but require separate draining but maybe not.
Tresslerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 04:30 PM   #26
LHaven

I suspect the much more likely explanation is that your tanks are not interconnected and you just found the second dump valve. I haven't heard of a Keystone product with interconnected gray tanks that wasn't the result of a customer modification.

Tags
tank