Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
toolittletime

Built in Wi Fi antenna Carbon 417

I am picking up a new 2019 Carbon 417 in a couple of weeks. I understand from the brochure it has a wifi antenna already on the roof. What else will I need to get my signal stronger inside the coach, or should I plan on doing some of the mods on youtube to get a stronger cell phone and wifi signal inside the coach?
Any help would be appreciated.........Tim
toolittletime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:54 AM   #2
ChrisSemperFi

Tim, if you have Key TV you have to purchase the Furrion wifi router from them. their data plans are expensive and coverage is not that good from what I have been reading. router is 350.00. I bought a hotspot and put it behind the TV. or you have a wifi ranger which is the samething just different company. 4 antennas is the ranger and 1 batwing is Furrion.
ChrisSemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:21 AM   #3
jim1

Just so you know the Furrion bat wing has a tendency to fly away on it's own without any notice. According to Furrion there
are no issues with it. Mine flew the coup, and while at the dealer trying to get Keystone to do something about it(good luck) a brand new 5ver was delivered minus the wonderful no issues batwing antenna. Go figure!
jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:34 AM   #4
toolittletime

Looks like I'll just use the hotspot on my phone....verizon...., and get a booster of some sort when I get to our winter spot and see what the signal is.
Thanks for the replies.
Tim
toolittletime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna