Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2019, 10:50 AM   #1
nellie1289

Mid year color palette change on 2020's?

I am looking at a new fuzion toy hauler, and it is my understanding that he color schemes usually change mid model year . For example, the 2018 color palette inside ran through the first half of the model year 19's and then they switch in the second half of 19's. That means the first production of 2020's are essentially still the 19 color scheme. I am not a huge fan of the current grey cabinet color scheme, but was a huge fan of the early 19's. I was wondering if anyone knows when the 2020's might be updated mid cycle? Any past trends for when this is done? does it happen every year or do they generally only keep them 1 year. Most other units have color pallette options but only brindle on the fuzion. Thank you!
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 01:12 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Typically the model year changes around March/April. The first several (sometimes MANY) trailers will be designated the new model year, but the factory uses up the remaining (left over) furniture, luan paneling, cushions, vinyl, etc from the previous model run. Once the old stuff is used, the new stuff comes on board. In years when Keystone has 1 month of old stuff, the change comes in April/May. In years when Keystone has 4 months of old stuff, the change comes in September/October. You may find trailer lines that "piece meal" the changes. If there's lots of old luan paneling, you may find the old color scheme, then a "blended scheme" with old walls and new furniture, then eventually, it will all be 'new stuff"...

That's one reason for the disclaimer on the bottom of every Keystone brochure: "All features, floorplans and specifications are subject to change"....

If you want a color scheme that's "no longer in production" and it's a recent model, you may find a left over on a dealer's lot. Searching might well take you cross country, and very few dealers will transport a trailer from one location to another for a "might be interested in it" kind of sale. If you locate what you're looking for, you may end up buying "long distance" with no warranty support in your local area.

Anyway, the color scheme changes when the old stuff is used up and the new stuff is available. I've seen some models from, say Alpine, come with Montana furniture if there was a problem with availability of the "new model year furniture". Keystone will "work magic" rather than shut down a line pending component arrival.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 03:26 PM   #3
nellie1289

John I have found a few of the 19's in other markets with the interior i like. maybe 600-700 miles away . Rvtrader is a great way to search for those. They seemed priced better too. I think my existing trailer will be gone tomorrow or the next day and then i can ramp up the search. I also will then have the luxury of waiting over the winter if i like.

ON edit. are you serious that dealers wont service warranty from units bought elsewhere. seems redic especially when you think people are traveling all over the country and need repairs.
2021 Malibu 23 LSV
2017 Yamaha YXZ1000R SS SE
2019 Can AM Maverick X3 Turbo XRS
nellie1289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 06:10 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Just take a look at some of the complaints the members have posted here. Dealer support for trailers purchased elsewhere has been a topic of discussion for at least the last 8 or 9 years. Keystone does not require their dealerships to support even their own customers and there are some dealerships that do not have a service department. You might get lucky and find a local dealership that will accept your trailer for warranty work. If you have a local Camping World, they often will service trailers purchased elsewhere.

If you're under the mistaken impression that RV warranty work is managed like automobile/truck warranty work, you're going to be in for a very frustrating search once you buy "over there" and want to get it serviced, "over here".... If you find someone who will work on it, your trailer will be the lowest priority on the lot because they will schedule their own customers before you.

I'm sure others will post their experiences as well. Don't walk into a contract to purchase a trailer without looking at more than just the purchase price and the interior color.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:07 PM   #5
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Just suggestion and dont know if this will work. Find an independent service tech who is recommended in your area and ask if they do warranty work. You may be better off.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote