Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2019, 02:22 PM   #1
lasvegas99fan

Omni Chill 3 A/Cs

Just purchased a 2019 Raptor 424 (May 2019) with 3 A/Cs and the Omni Chill A/C feature. When the temps are below 95 or so all 3 A/Cs work fine (all run at the same time) but we are in Las Vegas where it's rare to be below 100 in the summer and we also frequent the Colorado River area. When temps are above 100 none of the A/Cs turn on. Does not matter if it is shore power or generator power. If I pull the filter covers and unplug/plug all the wire harnesses(6) the A/Cs come on and work normally. Anyone have any ideas as to why? The dealer is useless because every time they've looked it everything works fine

This is our second Keystone and 3rd TT/5er overall but I have been RV'ing most of my life so this issue really has me perplexed.

Thanks
lasvegas99fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 02:48 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

If you have the "In-Command" system, there has been a significant issue with the furnace not working if the temperature is below 40F and the A/C not working if the temperature is above 100F.

You might want to discuss this with your dealership as the fix is to replace the control unit in the Air Conditioner with an updated model. I'm not sure if the control unit to be replaced is only located in the "master air conditioner" or if all three may need changing.

ASA, Keystone and the dealerships are aware of this issue.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
firestation12

You didn't mention if you have the iN-Command system in your trailer. I've seen other posts on the forum on this subject. Basically, there is a gateway control board located in each of the rooftop units. When the temperature outside reaches 100 degrees, the gateway stops working. Conversely, when the inside of your 5'er gets below 40 degrees, the iN-Command will not turn on the furnace. It's a known problem to Keystone (I've talked to them about my 2019 Alpine), but they will not deal with you directly. keystone will tell you to have an authorized dealer diagnose the problem then contact Keystone to move forward with any action. I contacted Dometic directly and ordered the updated gateway control boards and installed them myself. Cost was $75 each. PN 3316945.021. The ones I removed were 3316945.020.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 03:25 PM   #4
lasvegas99fan

We do have the In-Command system. Thank you for the quick replies. I guess it’s time to find a new dealer and get these things updated. Good to know about the furnace too since we do some winter trips as well.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #5
tdijet

In-Command AC over 100 degrees issue

Like you I have a model with 3 AC's. While it's a known issue, Keystone will not explain to me the fix and all of my dealers are booked for months.

I FOUND A WORK AROUND! So it really has nothing to do with the outside air, but if you hold an ice pack to a sensor unit until it reads below 100 degrees, that AC unit will kick on. Rinse and repeat with all of the sensors. I was able to get all 3 units running yesterday in 114 degree heat using my generator with this method.

Called Keystone again and still got "refer to an authorized dealer"
tdijet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:30 AM   #6
lasvegas99fan

My dealer did eventually put in the gateway thing in the unit(s) and they have been good so far this summer. I like the ice pack idea though ����
Old 08-04-2020, 11:51 AM   #7
tdijet

Figured it could save some trouble for anyone stuck waiting to get in and have the controllers replaced.
tdijet is offline   Reply With Quote