Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2019, 08:28 AM   #1
mikz86ta

Faux Stone Help

Hey ladies and gents, I had a question about the faux Stone some RVs have around the fireplace or a kitchen island. I know it's made from some type of styrofoam but made to look like rough cut laid/stacked 3D stones.
However, I have no idea what it's actually called or where to find a good color selection and size selection.

Story is we were looking for a kitchen rolling island to add more prep top counter as well as storage. Our Fuzion FZ 420 has an L-shape bar. While for most trips and for room to move for a family, it's great layout. For us, we love the layout. But for just the two of us plus 2 dogs...add 1 kitten now, adding an extension would fit our needs. Especially since we full time for now.
We had a max height, width and depth requirement. But proved to be very hard to find that perfect fit.
At Home Depot, they sell kitchen peices for do-it-yourself in sections. We found the Butterscotch color matched well and a Upper Cabinet Corner fit awesome. But the back of it is unfinished and I wanted to add the faux stone to it. Which brings me to above question
Our other option is sticky mosaic tiles. Paid $89 for the corner cabinet, $2 for a nice door handle, and $xx for 4 caster wheels. About $112 upgrade we are happy about
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 07:13 AM   #2
bowchik

Airstone is the product we used, we found it at Lowe's, very easy to work with.
bowchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #3
mikz86ta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowchik View Post
Airstone is the product we used, we found it at Lowe's, very easy to work with.
Awesome, thanks.
Did you have to order it?
We found Home Depot stocks that sticky tiles...the thin fake ones like our Fuzion has for a stove backsplash. We also found real stone tile that u use the mud but doesn't need grout. Trying to make it look nice but not add weight.

Appreciate it
Old 04-22-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
bowchik

no did not have to order but they have 2 colors in stock I do not know if it comes in any other colors. Depending on where you are using it while it is lighter than regular stone it still is heavy so a small space would be fine like a fireplace surround but if you are doing a larger area check out Wayfair. They have thin stone like panels in various colors and I believe they might be having a sale and their weight would be much much lighter.
bowchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:24 AM   #5
mikz86ta

Awesome, thanks. I'll look into it.