Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2020, 09:01 AM   #21
tom0329

check the blue light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keystone half ton View Post
My new 2020 Montana will not pick up any channels it has the winegard 360 antenna and the key tv it I checked all of the connections and they are tight I can’t figure it out any help thanks
I have the same antenna. On our walk through we had a great picture and 40 channels. When we got to the campground we had zilch. So i started wiggling the coax and every signal one was loss. I tightened them up and got the great picture back.
tom0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #22
Myersjos

Key tv

Had same issues on 2019 raptor. Worked day of delivery first trip out nothing tried several different times still nothing dealer checked it said nothing wrong back in march somewhere in nc on i95 my antenna blew off barely missing my buddy behind me so dealer installed new one now I can pick up channels in same places I couldn't before so my guess is antenna was faulty not sure
Myersjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #23
Steve1011

Apalinto, I have King Quest and Directv also, I connected the satellite main to my Keytv module for one tv. On the second dish connector I had to run the cable thru my slideout and connect directly to my second tv to get both tv's receiving the satellite.
Steve1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:10 PM   #24
Lmgsnyder

KeyTV issues

I have a 2019 Avalanche 321RS. TV seemed to work just fine until went on trip in February. hooked up my dish TV satellite. worked good but wanted to go to Daytona raceway cable. wouldn't work. ran it straight to tv thru window. then it worked. went back to antenna on the way home. no channels at all. watched a movie and suddenly it worked again. has been intermittent since then. in same camping spot sometimes it will find channels sometimes absolutely nothing. Have checked all connections numerous times. all seem tight. Been told the "splitter" -thing that makes the keyTV special- might be bad. haven't gotten one yet to try it. So if you figure out what is wrong let me know! Tired of no/occasional TV in a trailer I paid alot of money for!!
Lmgsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 01:42 PM   #25
Apalinto

Thanks for that info Steve1011. Curious, when you plugged you dish into the KeyTV, did you watch DirectTV on the min TV in the living room?
Bulletproof Powerstroke 6.0 Turbo Diesel
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 03:56 PM   #26
Steve1011

Apalinto, Keytv to bedroom tv, I put the little power box behind the tv. Second cable from satellite thru slide seal to living room tv, shorter run and easy thru seal. My cable is visible looping around the slide trim. An option is to insert a cable into the slide wiring harness.
I also have a 2019 315RLS.
Steve1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 04:46 PM   #27
Apalinto

Excellent Steve 1011! Thanks for the tips! Since we have the same rig, it is easy to understand your solution. Have a great summer! We just got back from Paso Robles last week and will be heading out to El Capitan next month. Going to give our dish a try!
Bulletproof Powerstroke 6.0 Turbo Diesel
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote