Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2020, 02:09 AM   #1
kovacsmw

Raptor 429 Garage Flooring

Loaded up a single jet ski with trailer. Upon getting to my destination, one of the trailer tires were half way through the garage floor. This should be covered under warranty right?
kovacsmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 02:43 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum
It would depend on a couple factors. First off when did you purchase the RV?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:01 AM   #3
kovacsmw

Hi I just purchased 2 months ago. Thanks
kovacsmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:16 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I would definitely take it in if you bought it new.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 04:53 PM   #5
slow and steady

I know this is an old post but I had a couple of questions. Did they cover your floor damage under warranty? What do you think the weight of your jet ski and trailer was? I was wondering because I may end up putting some sort of plates to spread the weight out if I load anything heavy. Hopefully you got taken care of. Thanks
slow and steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 09:55 AM   #6
Lucky1

Sagging floor on Raptor 429.

My Raptor 429 has sagging spots in garage where the front wheels of my 2 seat rzr rest. The weight on each font wheel is around 400 lbs. Shouldn't the floor be able to hold that weight without sagging.
Lucky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 10:23 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
My Raptor 429 has sagging spots in garage where the front wheels of my 2 seat rzr rest. The weight on each font wheel is around 400 lbs. Shouldn't the floor be able to hold that weight without sagging.
Welcome to the forum. This is just "my opinion on your question and not the only answer you'll get.

There's a significant difference in "static weight" and "dynamic weight". When you measure 400 pounds on each front wheel while the RV is sitting still, the floor can/should easily support that weight. But, since the garage is in the rear, when you're towing, that part of the trailer bounces quite a bit and can "slam the front wheels into the floor causing 3 or 4 or even more times that 400 pounds to be exerted on the flooring.

Then, depending on how you tie down the RZR for transporting, you might add insult to injury. Not saying you do, but if you strap down the body of the RZR rather than strap down the wheel/tires of the RZR, you eliminate any "cushioning affect" that the RZR suspension might add to reduce some of that slamming.

So, there's a lot of factors that go into "how much weight each front wheel exerts on the floor". Depending on how and where you tow, how you secure the RZR, what kind of tie down devices you use, and, to an extent, what type of suspension you have on your tow vehicle and how much pressure you have in the tires on the trailer can all add to or detract from the amount of weight the RZR exerts on the floor.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, raptor