Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #1
Newk

In Command DC flashing

2nd night in new cougar... first day and night was fine. DC not working this morning. Manually ran slides in and hit the road. We are now stopped for 2 nights. The DC is flashing. Read manual and searched here. Have done every reset possible. Power, battery disconnect (with the switch-but shouldn’t matter, should it?). Guess I’ll unhook it physically next. Reset BCM etc. still flashing.

So here we are, no AC. And it’s 90 degrees. And the DC is flashing and actually hot to the touch. Of course ASA support is closed. Anyone have any suggestions?

The only thing I haven’t done per the manual is disconnect wires from back of DC. How do you get to those? How do you get the trim panel off to get to them?
Newk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 05:44 PM   #2
ronheater70

I have no answers for you, but also have a Cougar with the In command system that has worked as designed, so far. I worry about how to deal with things if it acts up. How did you manually pull slide sin? we have a 369 BHS with 4 slides and i have no idea how to do it should I ever need to. i think Ill need to pull trim?

I would try maybe calling a camping world near by and talk to a service person, its a reach I know but Some of them have sunday hours, or maybe search online and maybe find a 24 hour mobile tech or someone?
Old 06-13-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
Newk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronheater70 View Post
I have no answers for you, but also have a Cougar with the In command system that has worked as designed, so far. I worry about how to deal with things if it acts up. How did you manually pull slide sin? we have a 369 BHS with 4 slides and i have no idea how to do it should I ever need to. i think Ill need to pull trim?

I would try maybe calling a camping world near by and talk to a service person, its a reach I know but Some of them have sunday hours, or maybe search online and maybe find a 24 hour mobile tech or someone?

In my basement there is a black panel with the in command logo on it. That is the BCM. There is a knob holding it in place. Unscrew then knob and take the cover off. There is a rotary dial labeled 1-5. Each number is a different motor. There is a switch that then runs each motor. I have 4 motors (3 slides and awning), #5 doesn’t do anything.
Old 06-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
ChuckS

If you haven’t physically disconnected battery ... with shore power removed I try that... shore power needs to be removed at same t9me as battery terminal is removed other wise the converter will still supply 12vdc to BCM and DC...

Also on the BCM with power removed as indicated above remove and reseat the telephone cable that runs from BMC to DC

Now reconnect battery and plug in shore power.. Verify the LED on the BCM is illuminated indicating it is on and powers up.. hope this will clear the DC issue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B9324169-6066-4258-810C-77DD10E170D7.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	28008  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:33 AM   #5
Newk

ChuckS
Thanks. The phone cable is something I haven’t done. However, I disconnected shore power, removed battery cables, pulled power from back of DC as stated in manual. I also removed both other connectors from back of DC. The DC was completely separate from everything at that point. So, in essence. I did remove that phone cable, just from the other end, right?
I just really think the DC, or something, is totally busted. I’m 100 miles from nearest keystone repair center. We are breaking camp today, and moving to another area. hopefully can get it in today to get looked at by a dealer...
Old 06-15-2020, 05:50 AM   #6
ChuckS

Yes sadly you’ve done all you can do at this point. The DC has failed and hopefully ASE can get replacement sent directly to you

Old 06-15-2020, 05:53 AM   #7
ChuckS

Even though you removed all 12 vdc power one last quick thing to do is press and hold power button on the DC for about 15 seconds with 12 volts removed from the DC . Sometimes thus will clear a glitch in nvram ... wont cost you anything to try

Old 07-13-2020, 07:20 AM   #8
Folkie

I was wondering if you have been able to resolve this issue? If so could you please post an update on how you were able to fix the problem. Thanks