Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2020, 08:44 PM   #1
Dennis852

2020 raptor 356 landing gear to the ground and stuck

Front landing gear is to the ground and stuck. They have been making the popping noise and I have my additive on the way. Today I tried to level the rig so I could put the slides out but the landing gear dropped and would not hold when trying to raise in manual mode. This is the second time this has happened to me now. The first time I was running low on power. Fired the generator up and they came back up. Now this time no luck. Have 13.4 volts on gen or shore power so good there. They were making a nasty popping/cracking noise when trying to hold the weight. The only thing that makes sense is the junk fluid but to me something like this should never happen. Luckily I am under warranty and I am going to insist on them sending a mobile tech to get this taken care of.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FA1AC06E-F99B-428D-9E43-2DEF03C59BE5.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	28289   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC08232E-BA5E-4AC4-AF11-2D092809BA8B.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	28290  
Dennis852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:31 PM   #2
tech740

I know the fluid wears out and breaks down but I would think it should still hold pressure. I agree that power is a big part of it usually with this system. Are there batteries still in the RV? If not it may require more current(amps) then the generator supplies. Did you manipulate any of the valves on the solenoids? It maybe all the fluid just seems odd that if the pump spins and the valve opens it should change height.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:40 PM   #3
Dennis852

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech740 View Post
I know the fluid wears out and breaks down but I would think it should still hold pressure. I agree that power is a big part of it usually with this system. Are there batteries still in the RV? If not it may require more current(amps) then the generator supplies. Did you manipulate any of the valves on the solenoids? It maybe all the fluid just seems odd that if the pump spins and the valve opens it should change height.
Yes it still has brand new batteries 2 6v. Everything is only 3 months old and We’ve only used it for 10 days in total. I have not touched anything on the hydraulic system. I do not know enough about it yet to start messing with it but it’s pretty simple the more I look into it.
Dennis852 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
landing gear, raptor