Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #1
avalanche

INcommand

Hi, have a ‘19 Alpine. Cannot get my iPhone to sync with the INcommand unit via Bluetooth or WiFi. Talked to INcommand tech, went through set up with the tech, still no link up. Tech said she had no other solutions to offer which I think is pretty questionable. Any ideas?
avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:32 PM   #2
LHaven

The Bluetooth problem is primal and should be solvable unless the Bluetooth radio on the unit is plotz.

You won't be able to connect to the unit over WiFi unless the unit itself is logged into some WiFi network (not included) that has a working path to the Internet. Then all your transactions will be going over the Internet, meaning that everything should work for you except slides and awning, which aren't permitted except over Bluetooth, so they know you're nearby to watch things.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:54 PM   #3
Tbos

In my 19 Alpine it works but sometimes loses connection. I’ve had to reset my phone and the display unit while trying to reconnect. Each time K go through it I swear I’ll write down how I fix it but something more pressing seems to come up. You have to make sure you have the right app on your phone. I have an IPhone. If I remember correctly there is a particular order you have to follow, such as acknowledging on your phone before you acknowledge on the display. The manual walked me though it but it might have the order backward. But then I might have it backward. If it doesn’t work and your phone has no issues with Bluetooth to other devices then there is a problem with the system in your rig.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:06 PM   #4
LHaven

None of that should be happening on a well-operating unit. I've only run into two comm-related problems on mine:
  1. When I plug into shore power, activating my 120V network gear, occasionally the inCommand entirely fails to notice that the network is now available, and just sits there disconnected until I surf to the networking screen, at which point it almost immediately wakes up and grabs the network like a security guard trying to convince you he didn't fall asleep.

2. The unit only accepts one phone connection at a time. If my DW opens up her app to control the inCommand, I'm locked out until she shuts her app down. This is a common Bluetooth implementation restriction, and it's documented.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:31 AM   #5
ChuckS

I would call ASA Jensen In Command customer Tech support again, and again till you get the issue resolved..

... does the cell phone “SEE” the device when you look under blue tooth settings but is just not connecting?

... if cell phone doesn’t list the In command as a device when you look at blue tooth settings then the blue tooth output would be suspect from BCM

Keep calling the tech support until they resolve the issue or send you new parts to resolve the issue..

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:56 AM   #6
GeekSquadOfUn

As a suggestion, if you have a friend or family member with another device, like maybe an Android Phone or tablet, or even another iPhone. Try to connect with one, see if it works. Make sure they install the correct app iN-Command version, the current one is the Global Connect one, it has the Global Connect Logo on the wall display as well.

Bluetooth connectivity is often a difficult thing to do. By the way, it never uses Wifi to connect to the main module.

I am an Android user, but my wife is all on Apple only products, and they will often not play well with others....

Good luck.
May you live as long as you want, and never want as long as you live.
GeekSquadOfUn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 08:36 PM   #7
Steve1011

When I purchased a 2019 315RLS I had a lot of connection trouble with my older iPhone (#6). When I upgraded my iPhone to a newer model my connection problems disappeared.
Steve1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #8
avalanche

Thanks everyone for your input, I have lots to check out! Will let you know what I find as a solution.
avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote