Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #21
apachewolf

Possible fix for non cooling AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCIowa View Post
We purchased a used 2017 Keystone Hideout 299RLDS from a local Keystone dealer. It is plugged into a 30 amp service (30 amp camper). Turned the AC on last night when we got it home. It’s still 83 degrees in the camper. It won’t cool off. Has anyone else had this problem. Or any suggestions. Thank you!
We have a Keystone Laredo 2015 that is equipped with a 15K ac unit. It gradfually got weaker and weaker in spite of the fact that we had changed the filter on a weekly basis. One day when I was changing the filter I noticed what appeared to be a large "fuss ball" something like what you'd see in a clothes dryer. Now the area up there is only about 14" x 4.5" and about 12" to the top. Turns out that every time the ac ran the filter was being sucked up and the air passed unfiltered over the evaporator coil and eventually build up a barrier the impeded the air flow. I tried to get out as much as I could but it was not enough. I contacted the dealer and he had no suggestions. Than I happened by Camping World in Tucson, AZ and saw a sign on the wall with maintenance prices, on of which was for AC maintenance. I was told that they would get on the roof, open up the ac unit and flush the coils both evaporator and condenser, dry it out and it should be good to go. Price was about $ 100.00. I had it done and guess what? The ac works like new again. Unfortunately this is often overlooked. I found that my Coleman AirXcel 15K ac suffers from what I call: PPD...P.ss poor design. The original filter was only held by a tiny velcro dot in each corner. I changed the design to include a plastic grid that would hold the filter down and it has worked since. Evenn here in AZ with temps in the 100-110 degrees we are fine the coach inside is at about 80 degrees. Check it out. It may be the culprit.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote