Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2022, 09:22 AM   #1
downbeat

Red face Ran 220v into RV :o. Waterpump control panel won't work.

Trying to run my AC off of a generator and hit the 220V switch. I think I was pretty lucky. Nearly everything seems to be working.

My power inverter is working, microwave, TV, AC, and furnace all seem to be functioning normally.

Things that are no longer working are the fuseboard light indicators. The fuses all seem to have survived though, but when the fuses are removed the red light to the right of the fuse, the light that indicates that the fuse is blown or removed, no longer comes on.

The fan under the hood on the stove no longer works.

The temperature slide on the thermostat is no longer functional. The switches on the thermostat still work so I can turn the AC on or off or put it on fan. I haven't checked if the heater works.

I am confident I can fix both of these.

The thing I am having the hardest time with is the waterpump / heater control switches. There appears to be no power to those now. I used a volt meter and it doesn't appear to be getting any power to the control box with the switches.

The water pump itself is great. I ran 12v from the battery to the pump and it works great. I would like to restore the power to the switch panel though.

I don't have a schematic for the power though so I am not sure how to proceed.

Any suggestions from the forum would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
downbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:30 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Are you plugged in now or on battery? Everything you’re talking about seems to be 12v. If plugged in/shore power the power would be coming from the converter. If not plugged in, it’s coming from the battery. Either way, it sounds like you probably have some inline fuses blown. I’d get a meter and start checking for 12v and determine where you have it and where you don’t. Somewhere in between is probably a bad fuse Also, make sure your battery disconnect is on.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 11:00 AM   #3
wrvond

First thing I'd check is the overvolt fuse on the converter.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:36 PM   #4
downbeat

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Thank you soooo much. I will look into that.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:39 PM   #5
downbeat

Thanks. That gives me something to start on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Are you plugged in now or on battery? Everything you’re talking about seems to be 12v. If plugged in/shore power the power would be coming from the converter. If not plugged in, it’s coming from the battery. Either way, it sounds like you probably have some inline fuses blown. I’d get a meter and start checking for 12v and determine where you have it and where you don’t. Somewhere in between is probably a bad fuse Also, make sure your battery disconnect is on.
OK. Will give that a go. Thank you so much for the reply!
Old 08-14-2022, 06:11 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Do you mean the reverse polarity fuses? I can’t say I’ve ever seen an “overvolt” fuse.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:51 AM   #7
wrvond

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Do you mean the reverse polarity fuses? I can’t say I’ve ever seen an “overvolt” fuse.
Well crap, if there isn’t, there should be!
Sorry about that folks. Apparently I’ve got a 64k memory- when something new goes in something old has to go out. This time it was the purpose of the fuse on the converter.

wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel, water