Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2022, 04:33 AM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
1st I am looking for help. 2nd my phone doesn’t let me know anyone responded… 3rd, I am a teacher and I have been busy.
If you go to your user control panel, you can check the box to get an email alert anytime anybody responds to your thread.

You still haven’t provided ANY information that can help us help you. I can say that I am at least as busy as you, and I hope we can get you the information you seek.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 05:54 AM   #22
NH_Bulldog

Stacy, I suspect that people are feeding you a line of crap when they are telling you how difficult this is.

Here is a picture of mine with the same location of everything and there are no issues. The fridge vent is the long white plastic cover on the roof. I think you need to find a better RV repair tech/shop and get another opinion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AA7FA372-D41D-474F-BFCD-0F673F1F2B7D.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	39983  
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:02 AM   #23
Bret Morgan

We have a brand new 358 Carbon toy hauler with a Norcold fridge, had it 2 months now and the fridge still doesn’t work, back to the dealer (. 2 hrs away) they changed the thermistor after we told them we had already tried that. Pretty sure it’s the entire cooling unit that’s bad. Warranty suck now days, why can’t they just get the new fridge install it and then do the Warranty BS between Keystone and the dealer . 80k for a trailer and had to use coolers for 4 days .
Bret Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 09:19 AM   #24
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bret Morgan View Post
Warranty suck now days, why can’t they just get the new fridge install it and then do the Warranty BS between Keystone and the dealer . 80k for a trailer and had to use coolers for 4 days .
Welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear about your fridge issues, is it a 12V compressor type or an AC/LP type? There is a process that the dealer/service center has to follow for reimbursement. If they just swap it out without following the correct steps then the factory wont pay.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 10:58 AM   #25
apachewolf

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy View Post
We bought a new Passport 2022 and guess what our fridge would not work! We have had it since November of 2021 and finally figured out that Keystone never put in a fridge vent!!! So now they can’t put it on the roof due to a beam. Anyone have this issue?
Yes....we bought our Laredo MK240 in August 2015. First trip out the fridge was acting up as in not cooling enough. Went back to dealer and they installed a new fridge. Out again. Same thing happened. I investigated some more and found that Keystone had "forgotten" to cut the hole for the top vent. Luckily it was possible to cut the hole. And now the fridge works. Check your rig and see if you can cut a vent hole in the top of the sidewall in the fridge compartment. That may work. The vents are available from many vendors.

Happy camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 12:20 PM   #26
InkedMarie

Stacy,
Is there a reason you can’t answer the question as to what model travel trailer you have? Not just the name but the model.

2021 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 32 rli
InkedMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 02:23 PM   #27
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by InkedMarie View Post
Stacy,
Is there a reason you can’t answer the question as to what model travel trailer you have? Not just the name but the model.
Marie, she already said she was too busy to answer questions because she is a school teacher. Odd, because as a business owner, very likely I work a few more hours every week than a school teacher. She hasn't provided many straight answers to questions from folks who could actually help her. I suspect she just wanted to vent about not having a vent.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 04:33 PM   #28
InkedMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Marie, she already said she was too busy to answer questions because she is a school teacher. Odd, because as a business owner, very likely I work a few more hours every week than a school teacher. She hasn't provided many straight answers to questions from folks who could actually help her. I suspect she just wanted to vent about not having a vent.
I’m sure you’re correct.

Marie

2021 Keystone Cougar Half Ton 32 rli
InkedMarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone