Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2022, 01:05 PM   #1
FredL

2010 Passport Ultra Lite 288rk

I found the motor for the living room slide to manually extend it. I have included pictures that might help someone tell me how to operate it I also saw on another post an adapter of some sort to use attached to a drill. are these available at most RV parts stores? Thank You.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220222_101826.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	38467   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220222_101508.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	38468  
FredL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 01:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Somewhere in your trailer there should be a "flexible extension" that fits into the drive motor and with an electric drill, you can manually open/close the slide. Here's a picture of the page in the service manual that describes the process. You can download the entire manual here: https://balrvproducts.com/downloads/...ice-manual.pdf

If you can't find the flex drive extension, any RV dealership should have them in the parts department. The slide mechanism is used in virtually all brands of RV's, so it's not a "Keystone exclusive"....

OOPS: I glanced at your photos and without clicking on them, made the assumption that you have a cable slide. You don't... If you look at the second photo, you'll see a shaft coming out of the gearbox and a "roll pin" through the shaft. There is a slotted adapter that fits over that shaft and the slots engage on the roll pin to "grip the shaft". I've seen "drill driven slotted adapters" and manual "crank type slotted adapters". Trust me when I say it's much faster and friendlier on the arms to use a drill driven adapter.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BAL SLIDE ROOM MANUAL PROCEDURE.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	38469   Click image for larger version

Name:	BAL SLOTTED ADAPTER.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	38472  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 08:10 PM   #3
FredL

Thank you. I purchased the slotted adapter for my drill. I appreciate your response.
FredL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport