Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2021, 12:35 PM   #1
cmlong

Dumb Mistake

I had tried all the suggestions I found on the forum for remove the mildew on the awning,none worked well. So I used 30 Second Cleaner that I Have used to kill mildew elsewhere. I think it took off the protective coating that the dealer sprayed on when new. NOW I have light white streaks where the cleaner ran down the side if the trailer. I used a cleaner wax and it helped but did not eliminate them. Any suggestions?
cmlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 07:41 PM   #2
jfk69

Have you waxed the rig? Could be the streaks you are seeing is where it took off the wax coating on the rig. It will be a lot of work, but I’d try a full body Dawn soap and water wash. I’d bet the streaks disappear. You would need to rewax after. If the dealer put on a ceramic coat you may have to work with/through them. It may have removed it but my understanding is the ceramic coatings are far more durable than wax.

The gel coat is pretty durable, it usually takes trauma in the form of abrasives or physical blunt force to damage it. This is my experience with years of a glass walleye boat and our rv’s. Fwiw.
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote