Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
Welder3815

Ac and incomand

Got back to our RV today and the AC and the fan and vent in the kitchen won’t work. The incomand unit isn’t showing any temp.
Welder3815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 01:34 PM   #2
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welder3815 View Post
Got back to our RV today and the AC and the fan and vent in the kitchen won’t work. The incomand unit isn’t showing any temp.
Try disconnecting power to the rv..both shore power and turn off the battery disconnect for a min or two..it may reset

ChuckS posted that fix a few days ago for a hard reset of the iN·Command
Old 06-11-2021, 01:41 PM   #3
Welder3815

I did turn off at the breaker inside the unit but did nothing. Trying no power anywhere now and will see what happens.
Old 06-11-2021, 01:47 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
I did turn off at the breaker inside the unit but did nothing. Trying no power anywhere now and will see what happens.
You have to turn off your battery disconnect switch as well
Old 06-11-2021, 01:59 PM   #5
Welder3815

Ok I let it sit for about 5 min with no shore power or battery power. Turned everything back on and it seems to be working now. Thank you jasin1
Old 06-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #6
jasin1

Quote:
Ok I let it sit for about 5 min with no shore power or battery power. Turned everything back on and it seems to be working now. Thank you jasin1
Your welcome!
Old 06-18-2021, 05:34 AM   #7
4Buck

Having same problems with 2021 Alpine. AC will work on auto and maybe cycle 2 or 3 times then will not come back on. If we turn the fan on to high still nothing, turn the AC off then back on everything works a again for a few cycles. Have did the new updates and cut shore power and battery power several times. The heat pump cycles just fine.

Don't even get me started on the poor air flow in the bedroom ac ducts, VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Sorry for the bad first post but we are very frustrated having to get up in the middle of the night to turn AC of and on Plus we keep our dog in the RV when we are gone and run the AC on high fan and hope it keeps working.
4Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 06:10 AM   #8
Welder3815

4Buck I got mine straight by unhooking all power. Turn off the batteries as well let sit for 5 min. The whole system resets and everything started working fine again. Hope this helps with your issues as well.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:41 AM   #9
4Buck

Thank you for letting me know this worked for you, I will try again but I have done this 4 or 5 times.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:26 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Buck View Post
Thank you for letting me know this worked for you, I will try again but I have done this 4 or 5 times.
Some battery disconnect switches do not remove power from the In-Command system. Other trailer models do.... So, if you try to reset your system by unplugging from shore power and turning the battery disconnect switch off and you don't get good results, you might want to do it again, but also take the negative battery cable off the battery. If you have two batteries, disconnect both.

That may be the only way to "completely remove power" from your trailer....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:55 AM   #11
4Buck

Ok thanks. I do have the residential fridge but that battery should be just for that I would think. When I use the battery disconnect nothing works in the camper like lights or anything 12 volt?
Old 06-18-2021, 07:56 AM   #12
ChuckS

Quote:
Having same problems with 2021 Alpine. AC will work on auto and maybe cycle 2 or 3 times then will not come back on. If we turn the fan on to high still nothing, turn the AC off then back on everything works a again for a few cycles. Have did the new updates and cut shore power and battery power several times. The heat pump cycles just fine.

Don't even get me started on the poor air flow in the bedroom ac ducts, VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Sorry for the bad first post but we are very frustrated having to get up in the middle of the night to turn AC of and on Plus we keep our dog in the RV when we are gone and run the AC on high fan and hope it keeps working.
I would do a HARD reset of the in command and gateways for the A/C units…

Here is how..
How to reset relays?
These steps in this order..
1. Remove shore power
2. Turn off DC (Display Commander)
3. Turn off Battery disconnect switch t’ remove 12 volt power from the roof AC units and BCM (Body control Module) for In Command..located usually in front storage compartment
4. Wait a few minutes
5. Turn battery disconnect switch ON
6. Connect shore power
7. Restart DC (Display Commander)

Now go into HVAC and start the A/C units and see if issue returns

If it does then contact tech support for Jensen In Command

https://in-command.net/faqs/

Also attached is a pic of your BCM…Pin 42 look at wire color and see if it attaches to one if the resettable breakers in the battery compartment .. if it does these have power all the time even with no shore power and battery cutoff turned off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	85E2EEAE-DB9E-4CBB-A886-3FF2B098A26F.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	34162  

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 09:08 AM   #13
Welder3815

Yes I have the residential fridge as well. As long as your not going in and out of it it should be fine for the few minutes you are going to have the power shut down.
Old 06-18-2021, 09:58 AM   #14
4Buck

Stupid question but how do I remove power from the AC units and the BCM?

Thanks for taking all this time to try and help me out!
Old 06-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #15
firestation12

Quote:
Stupid question but how do I remove power from the AC units and the BCM?

Thanks for taking all this time to try and help me out!

The a/c units work off of 120 volts and are switched on and off by 12 volts. Turning off all the breakers and disconnecting the 12 volt batteries (Incommand display should be blank indicating the BCM is also without power). You've now removed all power sources 120 volt and 12 volt.
I'm not clear on what you mean by "the heat pump works fine", since the heat pump works using the same equipment as the a/c. When the a/c quits, does the blower and the compressor both cut out, or does the blower continue to run, but the compressor cuts out? I ask, to determine if you are having a control issue or mechanical issue.
As for the poor cooling in the bedroom area, perhaps a look see inside the ductwork is in order. Since your camper is so new, there may be construction debris on the evaporative coil or obstruction in the supply duct.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #16
4Buck

The problem is the AC will not cycle on and off when running it on auto. The heat pump cycles on and off like it's suppose to. When running the AC it might cycle 1 or 2 times but then when it shuts off when the temp gets cool enough it won't start back up even if the temp gets 10 degrees warmer then it is set at. When it doesn't start back up in auto you can change to fan high and it still will not start up until I shut it off and turn in back on.
Old 06-18-2021, 11:37 AM   #17
ChuckS

The reason the compressor is not cycling back on is a relay is latched on that A/C gateway

Start capacitor for compressor not suspect because if you turn fully off and on it then starts ok

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:29 AM   #18
4Buck

Thought it was working now but wrong. Set it at 70 cycled on off all night just fine. Changed the setting to 72 in the morning got to 75 and wouldn't come back on. I turned it off and on 3 times then it started. Not sure why changing the temperature would make it not work? I will try the reset steps again but unhook the battery this time.

Thanks again for all the help.
Old 06-19-2021, 08:56 AM   #19
firestation12

Quote:
Thought it was working now but wrong. Set it at 70 cycled on off all night just fine. Changed the setting to 72 in the morning got to 75 and wouldn't come back on. I turned it off and on 3 times then it started. Not sure why changing the temperature would make it not work? I will try the reset steps again but unhook the battery this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
The reason the compressor is not cycling back on is a relay is latched on that A/C gateway

Start capacitor for compressor not suspect because if you turn fully off and on it then starts ok

4BUCK, I have 2 gateway controllers that I ordered directly from Dometic for my 2019 Alpine. I had heard of the issue of the heat not operating below 40 degrees or the a/c above 100 degrees. wanting to be proactive, I ordered the latest and greatest version directly from Dometic that was touted in this forum to be a fix for the problem. When I went to install them, I discovered the new gateways were the same part number that was already installed in my 2 units. I'd be happy to send you one to see if it will resolve the issue you are having. If ChuckS is correct, maybe this will work. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. PM me if interested.
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:11 AM   #20
jasin1

Quote:

My rear ac does that but I found that if I just forget about it and leave for a couple hours it seems to be fine when I get back..maybe it’s just a delay that resets itself or catches up after a while
I know that’s not how it should work but it seems that if I don’t pay any attention to it then it’s not a big problem..if I notice it no try and wait till it kicks on then it feels like it is not responding…even a 5 minute time delay in a thermostat can feel like forever when your waiting on it .