Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2021, 02:38 PM   #1
Jayef

Unhappy LED Lighting under the awning

Hello. I have a 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS and everything has been working fine until just recently. I went to put on the LED light under the awning and there was nothing. The light switch itself doesn't even light up when you put in the ON position. I checked all the fuses in the panel and nothing seems to be blown (in fact there isn't anything even labeled for this) Any suggestions?
Jayef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:49 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Remove the panel that the switch is in and look for an inline fuse. Most likely 2 or 3 amp.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:35 PM   #3
NH_Bulldog

I don’t recall any sort of fuse in the panel area when I rewired mine. The same circuit that powers the awning light also powers the clear oval light on the front and the orange light by the dump handles (dump light comes on when the awning light is on). I would start with the exterior lighting circuit and work from there. The wire for the awning light should be white with an orange stripe and the number “1” on it.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab FX4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 08:40 AM   #4
Jayef

Yep. Thanks that’s exactly where it was. Found the cause as well. The wire leading to the lighting had rubbed against the awning frame and shorted out. They had about 3 inches of wire protector covering it. It eventually shifted away from the frame. It should been about 6-8 inches in length to cover it properly. Probably cost about 2 cents more in the production cost to put in the correct amount.
Jayef is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light