Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2021, 08:28 PM   #1
GRAINS314

Dallas TX Area – Long Term RV Parks

Curious if anybody has any recommendations for longer term camping in the Dallas, TX area. We’re moving there and will likely be living out of our 5th wheel while figuring out exactly where to settle down and what to buy or build.

Somewhere northwest of Dallas, like Denton for example, but anywhere at this point would be helpful. We’re staying at The Vineyards in Grapevine next month for a couple of weeks, but they may be a little too rich for our blood for a longer (several months at least) stay.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:25 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Where in "Dallas" exactly are you going to need to be? It's a big place and Denton is a LONG way from Dallas proper.....much longer driving on the freeways during rush hour (most of the day and weekends ). Also, N Dallas (suburbs) are where most of the "ritzy" areas are and can get prohibitively expensive.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 07:46 AM   #3
CWtheMan

Arlington, TX

We once stayed a week at Treetop RV resort. It’s a well established, secluded RV park and close to everything one may need on a daily basis. We had a nice long pull-thru site near the seasonal/long term section. That area, like the rest of the park was very clean and well maintained.

https://www.sunrvresorts.com/resorts..._campaign=yext
CWtheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I'll expound a little on my previous post;

Are you going to be working there, just relocating to live and "hang out" in a nicer place, need good schools etc.? Makes all the difference in the world in an area that spread out with as much congestion as they have. My son has lived in the Dallas "area" for 25+ years, my daughter lived there for about 10 and my corporate of offices were there - there is a LOT of difference (and different driving challenges) depending on where it is you need to be; if in fact you need to be in any particular place. A little more info would be beneficial for folks to help you.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:22 AM   #5
travelin texans

We've stayed at Destiny Dallas rv park in Corinth several times when our daughter lived in the area, nice shaded park on I35E just south of Denton. There's another one a bit further south right at Lake Lewisville, we never managed to get into it.
We tried the Vineyard in Grapevine, but as you said a bit rich for our budget, great views though.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
GRAINS314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I'll expound a little on my previous post;

Are you going to be working there, just relocating to live and "hang out" in a nicer place, need good schools etc.? Makes all the difference in the world in an area that spread out with as much congestion as they have. My son has lived in the Dallas "area" for 25+ years, my daughter lived there for about 10 and my corporate of offices were there - there is a LOT of difference (and different driving challenges) depending on where it is you need to be; if in fact you need to be in any particular place. A little more info would be beneficial for folks to help you.
Thanks all for the replies and suggestions so far. I'll definitely check those out.

To be more specific in what we're looking for, here's our current situation. We are a retired couple moving to be closer to our son (actually our grandkids). He works in Irving and they all live in Denton. The park we are looking for can be just about anywhere since it will be somewhat temporary. At this point we don't know where our permanent home is going to be, but fortunately we don't have to worry about a commute or schools or any of that stuff.

Old 03-24-2021, 09:21 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Take a look at Destiny RV Resort in Denton. It's located at 7100 S. I-35 E.
Denton, TX 76210. We stayed there a few years back and thought it was convenient to most of the things you need, plus "easy access" (if that's possible) to the freeways and most shopping. There's a "coin operated RV wash" located on the property. Cost is around $600-700 monthly, depending on which site amenities you choose.

We were only there for a couple of days, and most of the sites are occupied by "semi-permanent residents" so there's a "community feel. They do have a restriction of "no rigs older than 10 years" but I don't know how strictly they enforce it. Several of the "back row units" when we were there were, or looked to be, much older than the limit.

Anyway, just one more "possibility" to consider.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:22 AM   #8
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks. I don't know how familiar you are with that area but for me I would get on the N side of lake Lewisville, maybe on 380 somewhere. I am not a died in the wool big city person like my son and I detest sitting in traffic in I35 (E or W) or 121, which is what seems to happen to me no matter what I do - and he thinks it's normal if it's not over an hour. I just about stopped going to see him in Prosper and Lewisville but now he has moved to Lake Whitney.....WONDERFUL change for us.

If you are just going to visit once a month or something it might not be such a big deal but if you are going to do it often I would find a way to be as close as possible. A mention was made of a park in Lewisville on the lake. I checked it out when my son was there but he moved before we ever stayed there. Looked pretty good and right on the lake. If you like to fish I've pulled a lot of bass out of that lake.