Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 08:59 AM   #21
firestation12

International travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet_Vet View Post
Soooooooooo, I have to let everyone know what has happened with us. After we returned in April from our 4 1/2 month trip through the southeast, my wife and I decided with the COVID situation to sell our truck and 5th wheel. We felt that with everything going on - COVID, protests, riots, etc, that we would be better off traveling internationally.

We have both spent many years traveling around the world, and thought it would be the best thing with the current situation. So we sold the truck and 5er as a package and began planning our overseas journey. Two weeks later, they slapped the international travel ban on Americans, at least to the countries we wanted to travel in.

Faced with that, we had to start over again. We bought the Ford F250 and began a search for a smaller Keystone 5th wheel. It's just the two of us, and the size of the Hideout was nice, but was just a tad too big.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find another Keystone, with everything we wanted, in a price range we could afford. I'm a disabled Vietnam veteran on a fixed income, working part time at a truck dealership to supplement our income.

We ended up buying a used Primetime (Forest River) Crusader 27 ft 5er with 3 slides. Since we no longer own a Keystone camper, I am not sure of the etiquette of being on the Keystone forums when I am now a FR owner.

Getting to know some of you here has been a real pleasure. Your feedback and advice has been invaluable to us in our travels, and by leaving I feel like I am losing friends. I want to wish each and everyone of you the best in life, in camping, and on the road. God bless you all.
My experience has been that one of the fastest ways to deplete a retirement fund is to embark on international travel for extended periods of time. The Euro exchange rate is not going to make your dollar go further nor will the expense of food and lodging. While public transportation is excellent, I’ve found in a month’s time the cost adds up fast. Your health insurance is another issue to deal with. I think the travel restrictions has saved you from a costly decision. Hope all works out for the best for you and the DW
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #22
johnnybadger

Vietnam Vet,

I am a relative newbie to the forum, so I defer to those who have more seniority. But, for what it is worth, I believe you earned the right back in the 1960’s to hang out in any darn forum you darn well please.

Thank you for standing up and taking your position when many others hunkered down or ran across the border. We cannot repay you enough for your service.

John
Curt A20 Slide
johnnybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:25 PM   #23
Cire8002

Different name same parts

Quote:
Soooooooooo, I have to let everyone know what has happened with us. After we returned in April from our 4 1/2 month trip through the southeast, my wife and I decided with the COVID situation to sell our truck and 5th wheel. We felt that with everything going on - COVID, protests, riots, etc, that we would be better off traveling internationally.

We have both spent many years traveling around the world, and thought it would be the best thing with the current situation. So we sold the truck and 5er as a package and began planning our overseas journey. Two weeks later, they slapped the international travel ban on Americans, at least to the countries we wanted to travel in.

Faced with that, we had to start over again. We bought the Ford F250 and began a search for a smaller Keystone 5th wheel. It's just the two of us, and the size of the Hideout was nice, but was just a tad too big.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find another Keystone, with everything we wanted, in a price range we could afford. I'm a disabled Vietnam veteran on a fixed income, working part time at a truck dealership to supplement our income.

We ended up buying a used Primetime (Forest River) Crusader 27 ft 5er with 3 slides. Since we no longer own a Keystone camper, I am not sure of the etiquette of being on the Keystone forums when I am now a FR owner.

Getting to know some of you here has been a real pleasure. Your feedback and advice has been invaluable to us in our travels, and by leaving I feel like I am losing friends. I want to wish each and everyone of you the best in life, in camping, and on the road. God bless you all.
Stick around, just because it's got a different name on the outside we pretty much all have the same stuff inside.
Cire8002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:44 PM   #24
Janet H
Site Team

Quote:

You are in luck! You have this lovely Keystone family and now you should expand and join the Forest River forum here: https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/

We are sister sites and have a similar friendly vibe. At the end of the day - we're all Rvers and share common experiences and interests. Everyone is welcome at both forums.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. | Dr. Seuss
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:21 PM   #25
Dallasrules

I am on 3 forums now

I originally joined the crossroads forum, then sold that 5ver, but I got such great advice that I still post and read on there. Then I got my Forest River Cedar Creek, so I joined that forum. Now I also have a Montana 5ver, so here I am. In all honesty, i like my cedar creek better than the Montana. There are just a few things that get on my nerves with the Montana.

I have older rvs, so I am always needing advice.
Dallasrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:55 PM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Thank you everyone for making me feel all warm and fuzzy...... [eek]

I appreciate it, and will definitely stick around!
Glad to know you'll be around. Not sure about the "all warm and fuzzy" thing.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #27
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Wallace, no need to move in the least. We have two RV's, a Mobile Suites and a Forest River. We haven't had a Keystone in years, but I feel the need to keep a couple of these moderators in line. John and Chuckster can be trusted, but the other three or four need constant supervision. I also keep an eye on our Texas members. They are too 'clanish', always sticking together!
Stick around, I could use the help.
I resemble that remark!!!!
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 03:21 PM   #28
rustyrider

3 RV's now

I'm sure like other members here, they may own more than RV as in this case
happen to 3 and none are for sale . So i'm on several forums and get great info
on all of them...WE seem to all be in that same basket of trouble shootin problems.. You should stick around help us out your new model..just sayin..

Carrie Lite-- Cardinal -- Fuzion they work for me..
rustyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:15 PM   #29
B3Dcampers

We are not new to rving but new to the forum and have found it warm and welcoming along with honest information. I just want to say thank you to all of the veterans out there.
2022 F-350, 4x4 dually
Jacksonville, TX
B3Dcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #30
RVPP

Hang around. We were Forrest River owners for 5 years and Keystone for for 1. Lots of good info from both owners groups. Can't have too much good info.

Paul & Cindy
2013 F-150
2013 Bullett
Whiting, NJ
RVPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:14 AM   #31
Phil Saran

As a Vietnam era veteran (Army Security Agency), thank you for your service.

I say stick around and offer your knowledge to the newbies, because
we all needed help at some point.
Colorado
Phil Saran is offline   Reply With Quote