Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #1
ronheater70

Kinda pleased with the AC

I had posted a while back about going to a park at the beach with the 30 Amp service. We really like it there and its not a tradional beach campground with people on top of each other. Well I was kinda worried how a large fifth wheel would do on one air conditioner at the beach since we could not run both at the same time. I gotta say I was pleasantly surprised. It did take a lil while to cool down once we got there but we arrived around 2 pm as it was 91 and I expected that. We ran the front smaller unit on dump and used a fan to push the colder air into the main living area for a while, then afterwards we switched to the larger 15K unit in the rear and ran it through the ductwork. It really did a good job all week when temps approaching 90 again and parital sun on our rig we were in the low to mid 70s inside. Not bad at all.
Just thought Id post a positive!
Old 06-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #2
Sarge2

Sounds like it worked out well... and that is ALWAYS a good thing...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:34 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

That sounds great and is a nice surprise I know. We were worried about the same thing in this new trailer and have found that the "quiet" double ducted 15k has been adequate in some pretty hot weather (mid 90s) here in the FL panhandle. We are on 50A and I do run the 2nd AC most of the time but ran it with just the main one when we got here to see what it would do in the event we were ever at a 30A only site. Much better than my last trailer and this one is larger.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote