Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2015, 04:31 AM   #1
zuley

Killbear Provincial Park

Two part question if I may? I'm curious how many of our members camp at Killbear Provincial Park just north of Parry Sound, Ontario? Secondly, of those who spend time at Killbear how many are frustrated by the fact there is no park store? You cannot even purchase ice within the park. There is a general store a mile out of the park that pretty much dictates what can and cannot be sold within the park. The Ontario Provincial Parks have a big push on to park your car and walk once you are in the park. It's 11 km from where we camp in the park to the store. I'm not walking or riding my bike that far for a bag of ice. Killbear is the third largest of the provincial parks. I for the life of me cannot understand how someone outside of the park or someone not related whatsoever to the operation of the park can control the fate of a park store. We camped this past week at Awenda PP. They themselve had a small park store selling the essentials, eggs, bread, milk, etc. Perfect for a small park. And being that the profits are used to fund the operation of the park I am willing to pay more than I would at a grocery store, and also save myself the drive. I however, am not willing to pay a premium to someone such as the Killbear Park Mall who pays nothing back to the park.
I'm hoping that other campers that feel as I do will join in and send off an email to the Park Superintendent, Mr Rick Hornsby, [email protected] or the Ontario Zone Manager, Mr Ross Hart, [email protected]
Hopefully, collectively as a group we can make some changes.
Cheers,
Dave
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote