Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #1
bigbadbob17

Bent electric stabilizer jack supports

Well I was outside again messing around waiting for warm weather and noticed two of the support bars are bent on the curb side of my electric stabilizer jack. I took them off and straightened them up in the vise and re installed but they bent again as soon as I put weight on the jack. Anybody have some ideas for a good fix? I thought of buying some round tubing and hammering the ends flat to drill for the mounting hardware.

Tia!!!
bigbadbob17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 04:39 PM   #2
bigbadbob17

[/URLr
Old 04-21-2015, 06:27 AM   #3
bigbadbob17

Update, went to the local welding shop but they did not have any material that would work for this so I tried my own fix. Heated the steel up on a propane burner and then straightened it. Then I heated it again and quenched it to harden the steel. I'll throw a coat of paint on now and see how it holds up.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #4
cw3jason

Remember, do not attempt to lift the trailer with the stabilizers, they are not meant to support the weight only to stabilize the trailer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:08 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

If your repair doesn't hold up, replacement parts can be ordered by almost any RV parts department. Those jacks are BAL, and depending on the height, the links are different. Here is the URL to the installation/operating manual. The link arms are item #4 on the IPB.

http://norcoind.com/bal/downloads/manuals/C-Jack.pdf

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:40 AM   #6
GaryWT

I know when I had electric jacks the motor would stop the second the base hit the ground so you could not put much pressure on them. Let us know how they hold up with the second fix. A lot of times, once something is bent it will continue so new parts might be the only way to go.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:19 PM   #7
bigbadbob17

Makes sense, thanks for the info ! Yah this motor will stall out pretty quick if you try and put too much weight on it. Arms were bent by the previous owner so I'm not too sure what they did. So far so good its holding strong after a quick coat of rustoleum. Lol
Old 04-22-2015, 07:07 AM   #8
BOWWOW

I have the same setup as does my brother. We bought ours new they came with a bend in both of the curb side arms. I'm pretty sure that is an intended bend. We haven't straightened ours and we have had no issues with them.

2010 Fuzion FZ 302 has 12ply F-loads, Dexter ez-flex w/ wet bolts, 6 volt Deka GC 15 batteries, 1 gen battery, solarpanels, leds inside, replaced clear textured door glass with tinted, 87 gallons of loc-tite.
Decals removed.
AKA CONFUZION / PORH HONKY.
BOWWOW is offline   Reply With Quote