Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #1
Quiroule

Wisconsin road

I am planning a trip west using Garmin BaseCamp. Going through Wisconsin I noted something odd.

In BaseCamp using car mode, it gives me the following route: from Marinette, route 41 to Charles, from there route 22 Shawano.

But when using the RV mode, it gives me: from Marinette, route 41 to route 141 to Howard, route 41 to route 29 from there to Shawano. This one is considerably longer.

Can-you think of any reasons it would do that.

Thanks

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 05:20 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

This is just a guess but maybe it is doing what it was designed to do. Perhaps height or weight restrictions on parts of 41 or 22. Or avoiding roads that you have programed like "Toll roads", "Single Lanes" or "Unpaved roads" in setup. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
Pmedic4

No issue we had on 41

Hey Quiroule, we're currently in UP Michigan, and took 41 all the way from Appleton WI without a problem. We actually came on 21, and it was a fairly decent highway - not that it guarrantees 22 to be good. Looking at Google Maps, see that 41 and 141 run together for quite a way.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:13 AM   #4
schwalbach

I don't have an Atlas handy but I do truck routing for the company I work for, look in the atlas and you will see orange highlights in the Rand McNally atlas, those orange highlights signify that it is part of he national network for interstate truck highway use. Going from memory here but I do not think that road is highlighted and if your GPS s set to stick to national network for RV it would avoid it and go to a highlighted road.

Just a thought.

2012 Keystone Laredo 275SBH
2015 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
schwalbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:56 AM   #5
Quiroule

Thanks you all.

Hankpage, could have been, but I only avoid gravel read and I don’t think that they are.

Schwalbach, I don’t have a Rand McNally atlas but your explanation makes sence.

Thanks again

2018 Ford F150 XLT

Your children and grand-children will not remember what you did for them, they will remember what you did WITH THEM.
Quiroule is offline   Reply With Quote