Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
lifecamper

Towing a trailer with my 5th wheel ?

I have a hitch on the way but was wondering if anyone knows how to wire a flat four on the trailer without hooking everything up? There doesn't seem to be a color code to the wiring. 2007 Springdale 5th wheel.
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:55 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Towing a trailer with my 5th wheel ?

There is at the 7 way. Go to E-trailer and look for the schematic of the plug. Then just take a short piece of wire, strip both ends and jumper from the 12V to the running lights, and the L/R turn signals.

As long as the trailer battery is hooked up and charged, this works and you can take the rear lights off and back probe.

One of the first things I do on a PDI is this to make sure it's wired properly.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote