Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #1
BigBearWV

AM/FM Antenna Location 312RE

Where is the AM/FM antenna in out 312 RE.
BigBearWV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
WaltBennett

Your entertainment center is at the rear of your unit like ours is. We've a Samsung home theater w/DVD player and when we got it, the radio portion would only barely work. I found there was an unterminated piece of coax cable hooked to it as an antenna and the one that came with the Samsung was still in the manual's plastic bag. Our tv is one of those retractable ones and I was able to mount the antenna across the back wall from where the Samsung is located in a side cabinet. Yours probably is in pretty much the same condition.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:44 AM   #3
Terry W.

Smile

On our 330RE it was a small wire coiled up behind the stereo. I tried running out not much better. I tried a Diploe ant. from Radio Shack streached it across the back wall of camper big improvement. But I still was not happy. I went to a auto stereo store got an outside and mounted it to the side of camper as to not mess with the roof. I mounted it so the approx. top 6-8 inch was above the roof line now I'm happy. Took my wife and I about an hour to install.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
therink

On my last 2010 and my newer 2013 Sydney fiver, the spring mounted antenna is on the roof.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #5
ryanita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W. View Post
On our 330RE it was a small wire coiled up behind the stereo. I tried running out not much better. I tried a Diploe ant. from Radio Shack streached it across the back wall of camper big improvement. But I still was not happy. I went to a auto stereo store got an outside and mounted it to the side of camper as to not mess with the roof. I mounted it so the approx. top 6-8 inch was above the roof line now I'm happy. Took my wife and I about an hour to install.
nice idea terry.. I usually put an antenna on the roof, but I want to try your ideas..thanks..
ryanita is offline   Reply With Quote