Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
ChateauED

Slides and Jacks cutting out (DC)

Howdy, we have a 2013 3555RL. I have started to see a problem with the Jacks that has now moved to the Slides.

Basically when retracting the jacks they will only move a few inches at a time before it appears that the DC power is cutting off. I was able to identify this by a loud click accompanied by the outside light going out at the same time as the click. Within a few seconds the light will turn back on and the jacks will resume function and move a few more inches.

As of my last trip I now have the jacks and the slides doing the same thing. The slides will come in a few inches then stop, with the DC power cutting off as noted by the loud click and lights inside the camper going out. Then power returns and I am able to move the slides a bit further.

It almost seems as if something is tripping off line and coming back on. Its obviously not a fuse or a breaker and it occurs when I am on shore power or on battery.

The fact that it has now shown up in the slides leads me to believe it is something common between the two.

Also I am unable to take it to the dealer anytime soon as it is on my property several hundred miles out in the boonies and away from a dealer till after fall.

Any help or direction would be appreciated. I cant help but feel its some relay or component that is overheating or failing for some reason.

Regards,

Allen
ChateauED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
ChateauED

OK I found another thread about 8 pages deep that mentioned some auto-resetting fuse near the batteries.

going to purchase a couple of these and replace mine and see if that helps.

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/att...5&d=1381975006
ChateauED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I think you've already found the problem. The 12VDC circuit breakers are located in the positive line from the battery to the cut off switch and remote control "brain". I am not sure if yours are 30 amp or 40 amp breakers. They should be mounted in the forward compartment right beside the battery and/or the cutoff switch. I'd double check to make sure you know what size to buy.

Good luck !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote