Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 04:00 AM   #1
1cldavidsona

Water Pump Won't Stop Running

Anyone have a Raptor Water Pump that keeps running? Any suggestions?
1cldavidsona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #2
EricLynnAllison

Make sure your fill switch is set correctly.
Previous 1973 Coleman Popup
EricLynnAllison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
Shelbs

Kindof a broad question. But I would be looking for a leak. The pump is running because the system is not reaching pressure (I think most pumps are set at 45psi). So if there is plenty of water in the fresh water tank for your pump to draw from and if you don't have an open faucet you're not aware of, my suggestion is that you check under sinks, etc, anywhere accessible where there are plumbing connections. Also, if you have a build-in winterization tube attached to the pump, and the valve has been left open, it could cause it to keep running. But in that case, it would be accompanied by low water pressure. Good luck!!

We Are The Shelby's
Steven
Faith
Sierra and Abby (Woof!!!)
2014 Montana High Country 343RL
2014 Ford F250
Shelbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
05kzep241

I found my water pump not stopping when I am dry camping, after the battery power decreases. A quick 30 min recharge with the TV helps

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
05kzep241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Festus2
Site Team

As Shelbs pointed out, a leak in the line or a leaking faucet or toilet could be the cause. A low battery as 05k .... mentioned could be another. Other possible causes might be a faulty pressure switch or check valve at the pump.
Let us know if you find out what is causing the pump to run continuously.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:46 AM   #6
Shadow cruise

Same issue

I have a 2012 keystone cougar 5th wheel. When I run the rv on battery the pump works fine and when you shut the faucets off the pump stops but it sounds like air leaking from the pump and I have to shut the pump off. When I'm hooked up to electric the pump works fine. Seems like a 12 volt problem. Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Shadow cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
outwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow cruise View Post
I have a 2012 keystone cougar 5th wheel. When I run the rv on battery the pump works fine and when you shut the faucets off the pump stops but it sounds like air leaking from the pump and I have to shut the pump off. When I'm hooked up to electric the pump works fine. Seems like a 12 volt problem. Any suggestions.
Thanks.
Not sure what you mean by "sounds like air leaking". If the pump is coming on from time to time for a few seconds, it could be a small leak in the line somewhere (incl. possibly the drain plugs not fully tightened, leaking toilet, or leaking faucet), a problem with pressure switch or check valve, or the fresh tank fill valve not fully closed (or even possibly slightly ajar from a piece of grit caught in it). If after the water is shut off it's still running and running and running, but sounds like it's struggling from low power, then it might be that your batteries are too low.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
Pmedic4

Water pump Not Stopping

I created another tread, but my water pump kept running also, but it would run, shut off, make a whining noise for about 15 seconds, then run again. Found it was because there was a small piece of silicone rubber stuck in the check valve for the pressure switch. The whining noise was very annoying!

While I wouldn't recommend taking the pump apart because you might not get a good seal afterwards, causing it to leak, I figured I either needed to fix the pump or buy a new one. Fortunately, found that little piece stuck in the valve and it doesn't leak - Yay!

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote