Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
Cyncwby

Distance between landing gear?

Not picking it up until next Monday (towed out from Pete's RV) anywho..... anyone know the inside distance between the landing gear on a '13 Mountaineer 295RKD. Going to install JT's Strong Arms and they have 2 different sets for 58" and under and over 58". Thanks........Dave
Cyncwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #2
dvn/ajn

Have the same year and model 5r. Measured the distance from the outside of the landing gear posts..the distance on mine is 77". The legs are only 1.5" - 2" wide. Your at 74" on the inside. Enjoy the the new rig.
Don
16K SuperGlide
dvn/ajn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #3
Cyncwby

Ok thanks for the info, have you had any big problems with the rig? I can fix most things myself so not worried too much about taking to the nearest dealer....Dave
Old 09-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #4
dvn/ajn

This forum provides lots of good info and areas to keep an eye on. One of the first things I did was get into the A/C unit and taped up the discharge side due to the small amount of air flow. Here in FL it is quite warm and we only have 1 unit. This really helped but then I went to the vents and check them to make sure they were sealed. Took my camera phone and took video of the end of the duct work and found, what a number of members have discussed, the end of the ducts are either crushed or just taped up. Mine were crushed which allowed allot of cold air to go into the roof. The fix that was mentioned once before was to take Foam water/pool noodle that the kids use for flotation and just play and cut it to the width of the duct and jam it about 2 inches past the vent. On your unit, like mine there are 2 ending points for the duct work. One is in the bedroom the other is in the living room on the right side when facing the front, the vent near the door.
The other thing I would check is pull your manual for your axles and see what the torque rating for the u bolts and check yours. I think you will find them to be no where near the range called for in the manual.
These rigs will keep you busy, good that your retired. The good thing about it when you do the work, you get to know the working of the rig and you know its done right.
I hope to get to retire in a few years......

Have fun and enjoy the new rig.
Don
16K SuperGlide
Old 09-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
brucem26

Dave,
When you install the JT Stongarms, be sure to check two things.
a) The new Montanas have the brackets welded on for JTs but on mine they were 2" too close to the front - had to cut off the JT to make it work. No big deal.

b) When you install the rear JTs, flip them over so that the handle is facing down. If you install them facing up it's very difficult to reach them.

2104 Montana High Country 318RE
2017 Ford F-250 Diesel
brucem26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #6
Cyncwby

Very good, will keep all this info in mind. You know, if they install the brackets at the factory then you would think that they would offer an option for the complete JT kit.......I know, that just makes too much sense...thanks again.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #7
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn/ajn View Post
One of the first things I did was get into the A/C unit and taped up the discharge side due to the small amount of air flow.
Don
How/where do you access the discharge side? I would like to check this out. Thanks
Old 09-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #8
dvn/ajn

Quote:
Originally Posted by warsw View Post
How/where do you access the discharge side? I would like to check this out. Thanks
To access this area, you remove the inside a/c cover noting where the a/c intake filter is located. The opposite side of the intake is the discharge area. Here is the Web address for the two Youtube videos that will give you a visual of what I am talking about. I hope it helps.

Good Luck!

Don
16K SuperGlide
Old 09-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

I thought this thread was about "Distance Between Landing Gear"????? How did air conditioning find its way in here?

Can we keep this thread on track?
Old 09-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
I thought this thread was about "Distance Between Landing Gear"????? How did air conditioning find its way in here?

Can we keep this thread on track?
I think you missed where the OP changed to another question. It might be worth it for you to start from the begining. Check #3