Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2013, 08:08 AM   #1
gll

Bolt working up thru floor

We just bought a 2010 Cougar 292rks 5th wheel and once we got it home we had a bolt sticking up under the Linoleum flooring, it was not there when we bought it, I gently cut the floor and its a fine thread 1/4 in bolt with a phillips taper head, I tighten it down and use a little wood glue, next trip when we arived home its starting to stick up again, this time I used lock tite thread locker and put it back down, any one know what its for or why it would work its self up in a short 80 mile pull ? its located about center of the Rv, a little forward of the axle and center of the room.
gll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
JBE-Dad

I had the same thing happen in my 293SAB. I tightened it down but it never came back up.

2015 Sprinter 316BIK
2015 Ford F150
JBE-Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
FishCatcher1

Had the same issue on my mountaineer 285RSL 2008. The bolt pushed through the linoleum flooring leaving a small flap. After talking to customer service to find out what is was holding - they couldn't tell me, I removed the bolt and found it to be the same as you discribed. I put it back and screwed it down good and tight, closed the flap over it and the bolt has not backed out yet - 3000 miles aprox. If it does, it will get the lock tight treatment.
FishCatcher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #4
gepaine

We had a similar problem with our Cougar TT. A screw that secured the plywood subfloor to the frame was backing out and pushing up on the underside of the lino. Luckily, we spotted it before it damaged the lino.

I cut a flap in the underside of the trailer directly below the offending screw. I then re-tightened the screw (from below) and added a nylon washer and nut to the screw to keep it from backing out again. Seems to have solved the problem.

2011 Keystone Cougar 24RKS
2007 Cadillac Escalade
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Past Trailer:
Forest River R-POD RP-175
Past Tow Vehicle:
2008 Toyota Sienna
gepaine is offline   Reply With Quote