Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
MarkS

Smile Happy Camper

I really like this forum, but most of the posts are problem posts. They can be a little scary for new Keystone owners.

We ordered our 318SAB 5er in February and took delivery a month ago. We took a short shakedown trip a couple of weeks ago. And, just got back from a week long trip.

We had a couple of small problems. I only had to take the trailer back to the dealer for one of them. That problem was the awning recall. It was resolved in a couple of days.

We spent two days dry camping at the FCRV Spring Fling Rally in Brush, Colorado. Since it was dry camping, we had full fresh water tank and the generator in the truck bed. That's about as heavy as we ever get. We did not get to dump before taking the second leg of the trip.

From Brush, we crossed the Rockies, on I70, to Moab, UT. Spend at few days there and came back home.

The trailer was great. Love the layout and the room. It tows great. No problems with the control panel. No tire problems. No pump problems.

My 3/4 ton had no problems towing the trailer. The truck and trailer sit level even with the stock suspension. I was able to cruise up both approaches to the Eisenhower Tunnel at 60 mph. The approach on the West side is used by truck mags in towing torture tests. Long, steep and high. We had strong cross winds on the way home. The truck and trailer had no problems with the winds. The exhaust brake system works great.

Happy Happy Happy.

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
davidjsimons

Mark,
I'm a fellow Cougar owner myself and could not be happier!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
davidjsimons is offline   Reply With Quote