Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #1
Mike L123

Question Propane regulator making funny noises

Hello everyone! I have been having some issues with the propane crossover/changeover valve on our 2011 Cougar. Today I was listening to the regulator as the furnace was on (brrrrrrrrr - fall in Alberta ) and drawing propane. I only had one 30lb bottle hooked up, the one on the RH side, closest to the regulator. It was making a rythmic burping or popping sound. I immediately grabbed my soap solution and sprayed all over the connections in and out of the regulator and found nothing to cause any bubbles of any kind. I was wondering, then, if the regulator was supposed to make any kind of noise when it was under a load such as through the furnace. The sound is not loud or anything, you have to get in close to the regulator to hear it and with the access door closed you cannot hear it. I'm not too sure what to make of this and if I should be concerned or not? Any thought from the collective knowledge and wisdom of the forum?

Thanks everyone!

Mike and Carol
Carol, My wonderful wife of 41 years
Kenzie Schweenie Tod, our furry faced Shih 't n Dash
Mike L123 is offline   Reply With Quote