Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #21
heli190

Keystone Customer Service

I have a 2012 Alpine 3600. I had a 2005 Montana before. I found out with both Keystone products that there is almost no customer service until you force the situation. The Alpine came with 8 TV wall jacks with none of them marked. I emailed customer service and asked them for a schematic so I could figure out what was what. I was told they had no schematics available.
After several emails, they finally sent a schematic. By that time I had rewired and figured everything out. I recently asked them if the heat pump duct work went all the way through to the bedroom. I was told to contact Dometic which has nothing to do with the duct work. This is work still in progress until I get an answer. The other is the wheel bearings, what's installed on my unit . Simple question. I was told to contact Dexter. I have suggested they contact Dexter and than let me know. I do all my work myself, so don't rely on Keystone other than asking them to answer simple questions which so far they can not do.
heli190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:32 AM   #22
gpare

Keystone Customer Serice is the worst.

I thought that I would take a few minutes to relate an incident which occurred a couple of months ago. I wrote an email to Keystone Customer service. I provided the year, model and vin number of our trailer. The question was: can you please tell me what model/part number of the broken water line parts. I provided a picture and description. They told me to go to a dealer, I have done that and no one wants to help. What a bunch of morons. I now tell everyone to buy anything but a keystone product.
To date I still dont have a resolution from from the initial date of July 2012.
I toldthem I will pay for the $5.00 part, just need a number and location to get it. No help from Keystone.

They should change their motto to "we are not happy until you are not happy"
Old 04-27-2013, 07:41 AM   #23
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpare View Post
I thought that I would take a few minutes to relate an incident which occurred a couple of months ago. I wrote an email to Keystone Customer service. I provided the year, model and vin number of our trailer. The question was: can you please tell me what model/part number of the broken water line parts. I provided a picture and description. They told me to go to a dealer, I have done that and no one wants to help. What a bunch of morons. I now tell everyone to buy anything but a keystone product.
To date I still dont have a resolution from from the initial date of July 2012.
I toldthem I will pay for the $5.00 part, just need a number and location to get it. No help from Keystone.
Post your pic here. I am certain that one of us will be able to identify the item and let you know where to buy it. There are very, very few items in a Keystone (or any manufacturer's RV) that a proprietary. Some of the stuff is available at Home Depot, etc., and most of the rest at any RV parts counter. What you can't find locally is out on the net for the looking.

Post your pic.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:47 AM   #24
Festus2
Site Team

gpare -

There has been a recent and extensive discussion on here about this issue of Keystone customers wanting to obtain part numbers for a variety of items in the RV's and have been told by Keystone to contact their dealer (see thread "Interesting email from Keystone"/Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues)

When you think about this practice, it does make sense for a manufacturing company to refer such requests to a dealership. If we take Ford, for example, and you want to obtain a part or information about a part, do you contact Ford or do you contact a Ford dealership or service center?

Manufacturing corporations are not in the business of supplying parts or part numbers and; if they were, the consumer would end up paying more for their products. They would cost more because another entity would have to be established within that company to deal with parts and part numbers. A whole new organization within an organization.

In your case, as with some others, the fault lies with that dealer who isn't giving you the information you want. Keystone is not to blame here unless you were "brushed off" and treated discourteously by their Customer Service department. Talk to your dealer and see if you can get the information you need. If he can't or won't give it to you, try searching out one who will.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #25
CUFFS054

I'm a little disappointed with KS customer service as well. Love my 2010 Springdale but want to "upgrade" in the near future. Wrote twice to KS asking simply "what is the best trim line of TT's in the 30+' size". So far nothing. I find the website difficult to actually research new TT's. There is a ton of model names but no idea where top and bottom are. More interior pic of the models wouldn't hurt either.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:18 AM   #26
gpare

Parts

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, a friend may have found my part its a 1/2 inch "T".
Now will keep my fingers crossed that they are available.
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #27
Bob Landry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpare View Post
Thanks for all the help and suggestions, a friend may have found my part its a 1/2 inch "T".
Now will keep my fingers crossed that they are available.
That connector is made by Flair-It, available in most RV dealership parts department.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #28
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
That connector is made by Flair-It, available in most RV dealership parts department.
Lots of internet sources for Flair-It as well. Folks that live a long way from their nearest dealership may want to take advantage of that. I also found 293 listings on Ebay for Flair-It connectors and 301 hits on Amazon as well.

FWIW, internet, Ebay, and Amazon prices all seem to be less than RV stores. Imagine that.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 AM   #29
Bob Landry

Also, check the big box stores plumbing sections. Any compression type connector for flexible tubing will work. There's also another type that I really like. Whale is one brand name and there are others. You simply cut the end square and stick it in a coupling type device and it works. I'm still trying to figure out what makes them work without leaking, but I've used them installing high pressure misters and they work very well. The best part is that you have to replace the tubing, the connector can release the end of the tube and be reused. There's a lot of amazing stuff out there.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #30
SlowPoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
Also, check the big box stores plumbing sections. Any compression type connector for flexible tubing will work. There's also another type that I really like. Whale is one brand name and there are others. You simply cut the end square and stick it in a coupling type device and it works. I'm still trying to figure out what makes them work without leaking, but I've used them installing high pressure misters and they work very well. The best part is that you have to replace the tubing, the connector can release the end of the tube and be reused. There's a lot of amazing stuff out there.
Hey Bob, I used those type on a Insta-Hot Mod install I did for my pop-up years back. They were great, had about 6 or 7 different connections and even the compression valves( lots of places to have had possible problems), some heated above 120 degrees with the water, some not; no matter they all never leaked and when I sold the pop-up, the guy didn't have ANY understanding as to how to operate the valves and system I tried teaching to him, so he requested I pull it out...I did, simply by removing all the extra tubing, connectors, and such then popped the original tubing right back into place using two of those compression type. Those things are as great to plumbing as Dicor is to rubber roofs!

2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT Crew Cab w ith 2013 Keystone Passport 3180RE

SlowPoke is offline   Reply With Quote