Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
DK Henry

picking new camper up!!!

Going to pick up our new Montana 3750FL Big Sky this weekend. I printed the PDI to take with me. Anyone got any other tips on things I should inspect or do before we sign the bottom line?
DK Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
therink

Not to be coy, but everything on the list. Make sure all wasteand FW tanks are over filled to the point of coming up through the drains. Then remove panels in basement and check for leaks. You will also be able to verify proper operation of the tank valves. Also pressurize the water system and remove any and all panels where there are pex fittings and check for leaks. Test the black tank flush ams make sure no leaks there. Turn on inside shower and spray the edges of the shower enclosure to make sure no leaks.
Go over all exterior caulked edges on roof, sides, aeound fixtures with a file tooth comb to make sure there are no pinholes or imperfections. Remember to follownthe list and plan on 3 or so hours. Don't sign until all items are verifed, identified and fixed.
And have fun.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
mr.windows1

Congrats on the new camper! We own the same unit minus the Big Sky package I am sure you will love the coach as we do,we will start our second season in ours if it ever stops snowing up here in MN. The only issue we had with ours was the recall part on the fridge and the winterizing in the fall, according to my dealership you have to use the coil hose to siphon from your antifreeze when winterize! Still doesn't make any sense to me why only that hose but ill save you the headache like I had because I tried a 2 foot regular hose and it would not work, only thing I could come up with is the blue coil hose that comes with has a real small inside diameter and must create more pressure to create suction ,other than those two things it has been great! Good luck with the PDI and take pictures or a short video from your phone if stuff seems complicated as you can always go back and watch to refresh your memory! Enjoy and have FUN!
2011 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW
6.7L Powerstroke Diesel
Reese Pro Series Slider
mr.windows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #4
f6bits

Awesome! That front lounge layout is one of my favorites to dream about.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
michael

I would say follow the list and just take the day to to go thru it dont rush, and remember to buy the few essentials like drain hose , bee screens , holding tank deodorant , TP and it seams some rvs dont come with the roll holder , water presure regulater , maybe a water filter and white rv water hose , tire iron to fit your lug nuts and a jack , im sure theres more but thats a start oh and your favorite beverage

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty Crew Cab 4x4
V10 Engine, axle 4:10 ratio
8ft box SRW

10x10 Screen room.

Let It Happen Campin.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
Outbackmel

2 most important items

1. Camco 2 ply toilet paper!

2. Bee screens. Better safe now than deal with these pests later. They get mad when you break up a happy home.

Everything else is secondary IMHO
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 PM   #7
lightning79

Pictures coming soon?
Old 04-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
harpoon

Congratulations on the new rig. I just went thru a PDI with a list and as much as I wanted to cover everything ('specially with a used camper), I just couldn't spend that much time and so made a point to highlight the important things to make sure they were covered. At some point you have to have faith that you made a good decision, not only on the camper, but choice of dealers as well. I researched our new (to us) fifth wheel and crawled around a LOT of rigs before my wife and I chose this one. I know what we got was a sound unit at a fair price and the dealership is solid. Overall it was a good experience. Were there issues? Yes, but they were resolved and I am comfortable with the way things went. We took the camper out for a shakedown trip a couple weeks ago, and everything performed as advertised. My biggest problem was the TV/DVD remote, but I can never figure those things out, anyway. Maybe I should have highlighted that on my PDI list. Do the best you can and don't sweat the minor details. Enjoy your new fifth wheel.
Bilstein, Reese R20
harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #9
B&T

Dont let them rush you!
2003 R-Vision Traillite
B&T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #10
DK Henry

We made it home and everything checked out fine. Thanks to all for the great info. We can't wait to get on the rd again. The more we go the more we want to go. Got some bugs to get off from the trip home and looking forward to getting back out soon.
DK Henry is offline   Reply With Quote