Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
ltjorda

Angry Montana #3400rl Warranty Issues

We bought a 2013 3400RL in May of 2012. Since we have had it we have had several issues with the unit.

The flooring between the island and the door side wall is so weak it sinks about a half inch when you step on it. Keystone refused to repair it. They tried to say it was a flaw in the construction of the floor due to not being supported enough because of the heater air delivery vents running in the floor. If it is a flaw in the design why won't Keystone stand behind their product?

The rear axle tires are wearing uneven. The inside of the tires are almost 2/3 tread gone after towing the trailer only 10,000 miles.

The couch in the unit is garbage (obviously low bid) as it keeps coming apart at the seams where it has been sewed. Keystone sent a new cover but did not have it sewn on. I guess I was supposed to pay to have the cover sewn on.

This unit was our dream fifth wheel. We will never again purchase anything from Keystone. Terrible customer service and terrible company.
ltjorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:00 AM   #2
antiqfreq

First of all, welcome to our forum.

Secondly, I am sorry you are having issues with your Montana.

Have you tried contacting Keystone directly about your problems.

At this point, it is almost a year since your purchase but possibly a direct contact with them instead of going through your dealer might be in order.

Good luck!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:01 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

ltjorda,

to the Keystone Forum. It seems that you're not satisfied with your RV. That's unfortunate and hopefully by contacting Keystone directly you can get some answers to your problems.

To my knowledge, nobody from Keystone is a member of this forum nor does anyone from Keystone monitor the posts here. I've never seen any "company response" and I've never seen any mention by a member of Keystone ever contacting them because of a post here. So, posting your issues here won't do any good other than get you some advice from other members (most of whom are satisfied Keystone owners).

I'm sure that nearly all of our owners would advise you to contact Keystone Cuustomer Service and discuss your issues. Remember you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar, so remain calm, rational and professional when talking with Customer Service.

Good Luck.

John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:31 AM   #4
Brantlaker

Any manufacturer that has an IT manager worth his pay monitors the Internet on a daily basis. There are programs that scan the net looking for Key words about their product. They want to know about what is wrong. Someone at Thor or maybe even Keystone wants and needs to know.this is the Information Highway word spreads fast on the Net. They are Lurkers. I would google search my Dealerships name at least 3 times a week to see if any customers had blogged about us and I would scan most Ford forums and message boards.Call keystone direct write a letter send it Priority Mail with a tracker and record the number so that you know it got there and when.Keep calling! I worked in customer service most of my life the SQUEAKY WHEEL has a better chance than a SILENT ONE.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantlaker View Post
Any manufacturer that has an IT manager worth his pay monitors the Internet on a daily basis. There are programs that scan the net looking for Key words about their product. They want to know about what is wrong. Someone at Thor or maybe even Keystone wants and needs to know.this is the Information Highway word spreads fast on the Net. They are Lurkers. I would google search my Dealerships name at least 3 times a week to see if any customers had blogged about us and I would scan most Ford forums and message boards.Call keystone direct write a letter send it Priority Mail with a tracker and record the number so that you know it got there and when.Keep calling! I worked in customer service most of my life the SQUEAKY WHEEL has a better chance than a SILENT ONE.
Brantlaker -

There seems to be a difference between automobile manufacturers and dealers and RV manufacturers and dealers. I have talked and traded emails with several customer service people at Keystone, and none were aware of the KeystoneRV.org Forum. I have even suggested that they might just monitor the Forum and was told that they do not have access to it, do not monitor it, and if anyone at Keystone looked at the Forum or joined the Forum, it would be on their own time, not Keystone's. Now, I have found that DRV does occasionally monitor the Suiteowners.com/Forum for DRV owners, and in fact there are some DRV dealers who are members of that forum. However, here on this Forum, I know of only one Keystone salesperson who has signed up, and he is with Holiday World here in Dallas, Texas.

But you are quite correct, the squeaky wheel does get attention. Many members have found it best to start the "conversation" with Keystone on their Customer Service contact webpage under Support on the KeystoneRV.com website. That is the company website and is not affiliated, and vice versa, with the KeystoneRV.org Forum website. That usually gets quicker attention than registered mail and telephone calls. Personally, I found that initial contact from Customer Service website got a returned email within 24 hours, and follow up emails (with attached incident numbers) usually received follow-up within a few hours to overnight. One needs to always reply and keep previous information left attached. And it is not a good idea to input information within that previous sent information, always insert the newest message at the beginning of the reply.

But, that is just my own experience. Someone else's experience might be different.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
ltjorda

Angry

Yes, I have tried talking to Keystone directly. They are the ones who told me they would not fix the floor. When I told them that they were expecting me to put up with a weak floor in a trailer that has a MSRP of $75,000 they replied that is just the way it is. This is like buying a new Cadillac and the Cadillac does not have a transmission that shifts into all the gears. The dealer agreed with me that the floor should be fixed and tried to be very helpful. Keystone has also showed me on several occasions they were not concerned with the issues on the unit.

I posted my original comments on this forum just to let other people know how Keystone has treated me and my wife. I have been more than courteous with Keystone and their attitude seems to be one of just not wanting to back their product. As I stated earlier I would never buy a Keystone product again.
ltjorda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

I would urge you to contact Keystone again. This time, don't just talk to the operator or the Customer Service Rep. They are helpful with small issues that are within their realm of responsibility to resolve, but issues such as yours require intervention either from the chief of customer Service or the Corporate level. You need to keep elevating the problem until someone with the authority to resolve the issue takes notice and does something to help you.

I know it's not "supposed to be this way" but if you can't get resolution at the level you've contacted, keep elevating the problem. I know of a number of members of this forum who were told "no" and with persistence and patience, got their issues resolved to their satisfaction. Keep plugging away at Keystone, somebody there can (and will) help you.

Good luck,
John

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote