Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2022, 07:05 PM   #1
reconmarine

seeing daylight, is this possible slide floor delamination

anybody having problems with the slide out floor delaminating in a 2017 cougar 33 mls ?
reconmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:37 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmarine View Post
anybody having problems with the slide out floor delaminating in a 2017 cougar 33 mls ?
Some pics would help us understand what you’re asking. The 33mls being an ultra light I believe has a laminated floor vs dynaspan, so I’m sure it happens just like any other laminated wall can.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 10:26 AM   #3
reconmarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Some pics would help us understand what you’re asking. The 33mls being an ultra light I believe has a laminated floor vs dynaspan, so I’m sure it happens just like any other laminated wall can.

The t.t. is at my seasonal site at the moment , when I return to it I will take some pics. The floor in question is under the kitchen table and slide sidewall area. It seems as if there is a "soft strip " of flooring & a bow where it is supposed to attach to the short wall of the slide.
reconmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 11:35 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you're "seeing daylight" between the floor and the sidewalls, it's more than "a "soft strip " of flooring & a bow where it is supposed to attach"....

It sounds like the slide floor has separated from the sidewall, either because of rot or from construction failure. People sitting in chairs at the table may end up "outside under the slide". Some photos of what you're seeing would help with making constructive ideas, but the "visuals" indicate a significant problem that needs immediate attention from a structural perspective.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 12:04 PM   #5
Carrottop

This similar thing just happened to my Residence on the bedroom slide. I do not know how to attach a thread on here but here is the name of the thread I started hopefully it shows up as a link. The dealer ended up having to jack up the floor and re anchor it to the wall on both sides.

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...2C%20Carrottop

Hopefully this helps.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote