Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2022, 04:53 AM   #1
Ron&Jodi

Where is our black water on off valve shutoff?

We bought a 2007 Keystone Everest 364Q, and it was necessary for us to immediately heat tape, insulate, wrap it.
I don't remember where the black water cutoff valve is located, and I cannot see it now, so I may have/probably did cover with all of the 3 coverings not thinking because I am at a more permanent location that I would need to close the black water tank because we are on city water and sewer.

So since the covering is thick, I cannot see a bulge that identifies where it is.

Is it near the junction of the black water, and gray water tank pipe?
If so is it on the left side (front facing), or rear side of the main pipe (facing back side)?

If someone can tell us, show us I will only have to replace materials at the valve site, otherwise this is going to be a mess searching and cutting.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Note: We have fruit flies, small black flies, and need to rid them from our toilet and black tank. So that is why we must shut the black tank.

Bless You and Yours
Ron & Jodi
Ron&Jodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 05:04 AM   #2
Fish-a-Palooza

The black tank is right under the toilet, so line that location up on the outside and you should be right there.

2022 Montana 3231CK, 12770 lb GVWR, 3910 lb Cargo
2020 F350 FX4, Crew, 8 ft, SRW, 6.7L, 10 Spd TX, 4177 lb P/L, 22K 5er towing, Anderson Ultimate Hitch.
Fish-a-Palooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 05:43 AM   #3
Ron&Jodi

I found it/them. The Grey Water, and the black water were on the inside wall right/toward the back of the trailer side, of the water compartment where water comes in from the city source to the RV.
They were both obscured by the materials I placed in the compartment to stop it from freezing.

Thank You so much for your assistance.
Bless You and Yours
Ron & Jodi
Old 06-12-2022, 05:45 AM   #4
flybouy
Site Team

Follow the dump valve handle and you'll find the tank. Where it's precise location or orientation could be different for two "identical" trailers. We had fruit flies in our house from a bag of potatoes (thank you local grocery store) and tried all the "home remedies" to no avail. I bought a Katchy Indoor Fruit Fly Trap and it worked great. Not cheap but it worked. No smell, no poison, and easy disposal of the offenders.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 05:54 AM   #5
Ron&Jodi

Thank You for your input.
First we are going to try Septic cleaner organic, filling to the brim and letting it sit for as long as we can with planning. We already bought a bug zapper lamp which kills many of them in the Bathroom, but they still multiply geometrically. If the Sewer organisms don't take care of it we will try bleach highly concentrated.

Anyone else been successful with another treatment?

Bless You and Yours
Old 06-12-2022, 06:09 AM   #6
BigBobIa

Are you saying you leave the black tank valve open and draining all the time?

If so I will let others detail the horrors that leads to!
Old 06-12-2022, 06:35 AM   #7
flybouy
Site Team

Leaving the tank drain valves open will create a "poo pyramid" in the black tank and leave a build up of sediments in the gray tank. If that's what you have then you have a mess to deal with. Bleach will not help at all.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water