Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2021, 03:23 PM   #1
Bbouch84

Western Nebraska

In Sept, My wife and i will be taking a trip to grand lake colorado and our halfway point for 6 hrs driving will be around the north platte or ogalala ne areas along I-80 does anyone have a reccomendation for a camp ground there?
TV: 2014 Ram 1500 QC 5.7L 8spd 3:21 gears

1st camper: 2001 Aero Cub C19
Current Camper: 2020 Bullet 261rbs
Bbouch84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 06:21 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

We stayed at the KOA in Grand Island but that was back in ‘09. Nice campground, very clean and the pool was very nice.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:47 AM   #3
Frogman

There are state campgrounds at Lake Ogalala and Lake McConaughy. I would recommend Lake Ogalala in the event you enjoy being right next to the water. There is no dump station at the park, however, there is a dump station about a mile away on Lake McConaughy.

There are also a few private campgrounds off the interstate at Ogalala which would be convenient if you are only looking for a place to pull off for the night. I stayed at country view campgrounds during a trip similar to what you have stated. I had no issues.
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 05:48 PM   #4
Campermike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
We stayed at the KOA in Grand Island but that was back in ‘09. Nice campground, very clean and the pool was very nice.
We stayed there last year and found it still quite nice and convenient. It was especially nice during the pandemic that they had pizza they brought it to the site. Pool was also great for the kids.
Campermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 06:25 PM   #5
Baldy

Take a look at Cody Park on the north side of North Platte. My wife and have stopped in our car to eat lunch and take a bathroom break for many years. I was just there last weekend and saw a number of campers. It looked like it would serve well as a one night stop over. I think the rate was $10 per night. Not sure about electric hook ups, water, or a dump site. The bathrooms are kind of old but were clean. There are a number of attractions there as well.

Might also check out a camp ground near Sutherland, NE.
Oregon Trails Golf Course
31200 West Tower Road
Sutherland, Nebraska 69165
(308) 386-4653 (FUN-GOLF)
I have not camped there. You can't see it from I80 but it's not far from it (it's behind a large hill).

During our recent trip I noticed a lot of RV parks right along I80 with hook ups, but I'd guess you'll get lots of road noise and be an arms length from your neighbor. Might be convenient but not as interesting.

Good luck and have a safe trip.

2020 Cougar RDB
B&W Companion Hitch
2014 RAM 2500 5.7 Hemi 4X4
Baldy is offline   Reply With Quote