Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-03-2021, 10:29 PM   #1
Morganscott

Furnace issue

Hey all new to the forum. I have an issue with the furnace in my 2017 keystone springdale. It turns on but only the blower runs for about 30 seconds then it shuts off. I can hear it clicking to ignite but nothing. Its winter here and its my home for work. Im thinking my igniter is gone? But I dont even hear the propane come through.

Thoughts?
Morgan.
Morganscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 10:57 PM   #2
LHaven

If the igniter is going off, it's not the sail switch or the overtemp sensor. Could be the board.

Basics: did you purge air from the propane line by running the stove burner until it lit?
Old 02-04-2021, 04:59 AM   #3
ChuckS

Since you stated you can HEAR the ignitor clicking the the INGNITOR isn't the issue at hand..

Either you are not getting adequate propane volume flow from the RV propane tanks or the gas solenoid valve isn't opening

With ignitor firing the propane valve on the furnace would also open

Did you smell and propane odor at the furnace exhaust?

Id try turning off propane tanks, unscrew tank QD fittings and reconnect... the slowly turn on one propane tank with regulator valve manually positioned to that tank and then light stove and let it run for about a minutes

Retry furnace while listening outside for tell tale sound of ignitor clicking and propane odor and report back your findings

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #4
Jack F

I had an issue on my 2019 Outback, I early 2020 on our second time out with this unit. Unit would fire up for only about 10-30 seconds, then shut off. Even if I set the thermostat at max setting, same thing. The dealer supposed fixed it, I will have to wait to see I do not have my trailer back yet as it is going back to the manufacturer for some other warranty work but, they tell me it was a fuse of some sort, want getting the full amount of juice it needed as it got hotter. I dunno, factory is aware of the problem and will be looking into it.
Jack F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace