Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #1
RoamingwiththeRamsays

Angry On Demand Water Heater Issues

Apologies up front for a lengthy post.

Purchased a 2020 Alpine 3850RD in May for full time living/camp hosting. Took a trip (400 Miles) after it sat for a few months and on night 3 of the trip woke up to water pouring from the water heater side of the RV. The Dealer said a valve broke was the issue. After three weeks it was replaced with what was supposed to be a brand new one from another unit. Saw the empty space where the water heater used to be on the other 2020 Alpine. (Keystone had no parts available to make the repair and the control board in the heater got soaked.) Now it's two weeks later and no hot water again. I removed the panel in the storage compartment to access it and there were at least three connections leaking. The pump associated with the heater was only fastened to the floor with 1 screw instead of four and it was also leaking. (Crappy work from the dealership for sure.)

Found water had gotten between the vapor barrier and the particle board and the insulation was soaked to the point of dripping water. Removed part of the under belly and had approximately 5 gallons of water resting in there. Haven't had a chance to talk to Keystone yet since it's Sunday, but am really worried about both the quality of the water heating system (Suburban) and of course the quality of the work done on both installs.

I always run a water pressure gauge set to 45-50 PSI. After the first one broke I bought a water softener and haven't ever had hard water in the system.

Curious what to expect from Keystone and what the repairs may entail. Personally from some of the water damage I have seen to the subfloor I can't see any way the floor can be repaired without the entire floor being replaced. Any suggestions on how to move forward would be appreciated. We live in it full time so it's not like I can just drop it off for a month of repair work.
RoamingwiththeRamsays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater