Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2020, 07:08 PM   #1
markcee

There's no such thing as a stupid......

Well, maybe there is. perhaps even two....

I am a recent TT owner who has so far always camped connected to city water. I have a question regarding using the water pump when running off the storage tank. This is always something I have only done at home while performing maintenance type tasks.

My question is, how long should I hear the water pump running? Is it normal for it to be continuous while a spigot is on? I noticed when I sanitized the water system, using the bleach dilution method, that it ran constantly while I was running the water through the lines waiting for the smell of bleach to appear. I'm not talking about a drumming noise, like pipes rattling etc., this is just the drone of the pump.

While I'm asking stupid questions, here's another one. What is the process, after draining your water heater, for refilling it when not connected to a city water connection? Does the water heater fill automatically when I add water via the tank fill, or is there something else in the process. Sounds like the manual indicates it will fill this way, but wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #2
Brentw

Pump is controlled by a pressure switch, open a tap, let some pressure out ( flow water) and the pump will try to build pressure again. Running until it does, should stop shortly after tap is shut. Pump will also cycle if tap is only slightly cracked.
To fill hot water tank, as long as you have water in tank, turn on pump, open hot water tap until air is purged out and straight water runs out.it make take some time, has to fill 6 gallons up.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #3
Bill-2020

Asking questions - Smart move in my book.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #4
Huntme

a question ask In earnest,is not a dumb question,but the answer you get could be.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:31 AM   #5
Sarge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntme View Post
a question ask In earnest,is not a dumb question,but the answer you get could be.
Now that's funny...
Sarge2 is offline   Reply With Quote