Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #1
butterbean

Jensen stereo

I have a 2010 Cougar Xlite 26BHS and my Jensen stereo that has the DVD player and powers indoor and outdoor speakers seems to have no power. Everything else is working, all outlets and 12V lights, etc. Any idea where to check next? It is built in to a cabinet so can’t see the actual power supply to the unit. Any help is appreciated.
butterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Are all your 12vdc fuses good? Is it turned on (yes I know, a dumb question, but it has happened)?

I don't know about yours but my old Jensen was secured by 4 recessed screws in the front, I'm sure yours will too. Just pull it out and there should be a wiring harness behind it with all the wires for the speakers, power and ground (radio antenna etc.). It may or may not have an inline fuse. You can check there with a VOM and see if you have your voltage. The unit could have just gone belly up.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
butterbean

All fuses are good. Tried turning it on but no dice. Will check for the crews and see if I can find anything.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
butterbean

There was a trim ring covering the screws that I was able to pop off and there was indeed an inline 15 amp fuse behind the stereo. We are up and running. Thanks Sourdough!

Tags
jensen, stereo