Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 10-03-2019, 07:16 PM   #21
CaptnJohn

No more hands waving or phones. I just turn on the voice on the backup camera.I can see her even out of mirror view.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 01:23 AM   #22
kksfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsTwo View Post
I tried to explain to my wife what I needed to get backed into any spot.. She did the arm flapping junk for about a year.. I would let her flap away and then get out and look. She felt so bad about not getting it right. So we went back through the process again.. I said its like this, If you can't see me in the mirrors or vise versa I can't see you.. If I can't see you I will stop and let you look like a fool back there waving arms and yelling..I did remind her the fun of others watching her help. She does a really good job now.. I even got her a small PVC pole that has been marked and taped off, so she can judge how far away from the Elec. outlet we need to be..

Yeah on letting her look like a fool. “And then the fight started “
Old 10-04-2019, 02:12 AM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
No more hands waving or phones. I just turn on the voice on the backup camera.I can see her even out of mirror view.
When my wife was behind the trailer I turned the mic off on my camera. I found the " go left" verbal command and the right hand waving and pointing to the right to be too confusing.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:41 AM   #24
newemptynester

GMcKenzie that is how me and the DH do it. I am always in view of the mirrors and I may look like a fool running from one side to the other to make sure we don't hit anything. We have not fought about parking the TT in years.
2013 Laredo 29RKS

newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:15 PM   #25
GMcKenzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laredo Tugger View Post
I liked your PVC pole idea until I realized I would be handing the DW something else she could hit me with. Think I'll go with yarn.
RMc
I have a chunk of rope cut to the right length. I guess she could swing it at me.

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 03:14 AM   #26
jimborokz

We do like Bob and Becky. DW calls me on her cell and I use the hands free in the truck to ask questions. No yelling, no arm waving. If she's not sure of something she will just say you better come back and look. Main object is to not hit anything. We've gotten into some pretty tight places.
48 years and still happy
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:13 AM   #27
KSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
My wife refuses to let me pair her phone to her truck because she "doesn't want to be distracted while she is driving." She also hates to use her backup camera, preferring the mirrors. Today, we had a particularly stressful session hooking up the ProPride hitch (which is like threading a hot dog into a donut in 3D), because she also left her hearing aids in the trailer.

Sigh.
I wish it was a donut! I've learned with my 3p if I'm having problems I probably have to drop the arms down to let the head move a bit by itself.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 10:38 AM   #28
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSH View Post
I wish it was a donut! I've learned with my 3p if I'm having problems I probably have to drop the arms down to let the head move a bit by itself.
After about 60 days on the road with mine, I figured out that the secret is to jack the jacks down at unhooking past the point where they flop freely, until they just begin to stiffen up again. This keeps enough tension on the head to prevent it from rotating down once the stinger leaves. When you maintain alignment in all three dimensions when unhooking, it's amazing how much easier re-hitching becomes.
LHaven is offline   Reply With Quote